Author Topic: System restore fixed all my Delf-MZG false positive problems.  (Read 6189 times)

nightingaleron

System restore fixed all my Delf-MZG false positive problems.
« on: December 04, 2009, 07:55:43 AM »
;D
Hi all, good news for me and i hope this helps you also.
I moved dozens of the false positive trojans to the chest and then discovered that some of the files/programs where it had been found were malfunctioning. I went to the chest and noted each file and then played around to see if any of them had been affected and they had (not all)
So i decided to go to start/help and support/undo changes to your computer using system restore.
I restored my computer back to Wednesday (the day before the false positive and hoped??

Bingo, everything seems to be back to normal again.
Hope it is of help to some of you.
Regards Ron, western Australia.
A HAPPY LITTLE AVASTER AGAIN. lol.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: System restore fixed all my Delf-MZG false positive problems.
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:41:42 AM »
thanks for sharing your experiences. sorry for the problems faced.

nmb

wfuhdehr

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:52:23 PM »
I moved dozens of the false positive trojans to the chest and then discovered that some of the files/programs where it had been found were malfunctioning. I went to the chest and noted each file and then played around to see if any of them had been affected and they had (not all)
So i decided to go to start/help and support/undo changes to your computer using system restore.
I restored my computer back to Wednesday (the day before the false positive and hoped??

You have to explain very well how could you go to system restore after this sad event and restore your PC to a date before this avast bug. ???
All the restore points I have in my PC before the event don't work anymore. >:(

Karmel83

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 07:07:20 PM »

You have to explain very well how could you go to system restore after this sad event and restore your PC to a date before this avast bug. ???
All the restore points I have in my PC before the event don't work anymore. >:(

Hey mine system restore does not work either. What in the world is going on...

Philo

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 04:25:40 AM »
I did the exact same thing and luckily it worked.

Afterwards I made sure to update Avast! for the false-positive fix as well as Windows update and the other programs running on my system that had updated since the restore point I rolled back to.

AllanM

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 05:23:40 PM »
My system restore only works for restore points after the false-positives problem.  It would be great if I could fix things so my computer worked as it did before Dec 3rd.  Now I get no audio on my usb speakers on my Toshiba "sleep and charge" port...

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »
System restore is only going to work for a small percentage of users following this.
Most users system restore points have been flagged as viruses, so are disabled.

Best strategy is to maintain good backups, preferably by use of an imaging program.
The OP was fortunate that system restore worked in that case.

Anyone who wants help getting something working again would be best advised to start a new topic. Please include your OS (including SP) and the symptoms of what is wrong.
As a general guidance, which may fix a lot of problems,
-Make sure the VPS is up to date,
-Start Avast, open the chest to the "infected files" section, only. (Default.)
-Right click each infected file, select "rescan".
-If it rescans clean, right click it again, select "restore".

A reboot may be required.

If those steps do not work, please start a new topic. It's too hard attempting to help many users on one thread. Just gets confusing. I'm sure you understand.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

AllanM

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »
 :)  Apparently some of my setting were changed when I restored files from the chest.  I went crazy this weekend trying to figure out why my usb speakers weren't working.  I finally corrected the problem.  Now my speakers work.