Author Topic: Firefox and IE webshield proxy  (Read 3311 times)

Avastfan1

Firefox and IE webshield proxy
« on: December 08, 2009, 11:37:17 AM »
Dear Forum,

Can somebody do me a kind favour and tell me if my settings for the Firefox webshield proxy are correct?

I followed the tutorial on the Avast website, however the Firefox version seemed a little dated.

Thanks in advance,

Avastfan1

spg SCOTT

Re: Firefox and IE webshield proxy
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 04:03:20 PM »
Hi Avastfan1,

That looks as though it is right, but I thought that is was only when you are having issues.

For me, firefox works without setting this, as the traffic is still re-routed through the transparent proxy of avast!

Under certain conditions, it is necessary to bypass the Web Shield's transparent proxy and set things up manually. This includes the following situations:

* If you are using ZoneAlarm with Privacy Control turned on. Zone Alarm's cookie blocking feauture currently does not work properly with WebShield's transparent proxy. Having both features turned on may cause login problems when accessing pages that require cookies.

- OR -
    * If you are using Windows 95/98/ME. Web Shield's transparent proxy only works under NT-based operating system.
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=22&nav=0,56,57,66
(bold is mine)

You are not using either things mentioned there so it should work without it.

-Scott-

MasterTB

Re: Firefox and IE webshield proxy
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 11:56:40 PM »
I know this thread is OLD but I couldn't find this in the forum: does Avast! use the Windows Filtering Platform for its proxy?