Author Topic: Problem with license key  (Read 3177 times)

thommy18

Problem with license key
« on: December 07, 2009, 10:44:53 AM »
Welcome

At the last time I try to recovery forgotten free license keys for avast free edition. When I'm sent request for resend keys to my e-mail box I don't recieve anything. Spam folder and inbox aren't containing an e-mail from avast. On the avast webpage I've seen an information about correct sending request to avast, but I haven't this keys still. How Can I solve this problem. I need that license keys for installing the Avast Free Edition. Sorry for my English, but I came from Poland.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Problem with license key
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 05:01:30 PM »
Have you tried a different email address from a different domain name ?

Some have used a free email address form Yahoo for instance and got round this problem.

You could also try the SSL Registration Page: https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=ENG Select the third option, "I'm a registered user and my registration key has expired, I need a new one" See image below.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

thommy18

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 01:56:35 PM »
Choosing e-mail with different domain don't solve the problem. I can't give lost keys and recovery lost. My ISP don't blocked e-mail functionality. My spam filters are currently disabled, but problem is still. What Can I do now ?

Sakurako

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 04:14:19 PM »
Try requesting another license ~

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 04:35:18 PM »
Choosing e-mail with different domain don't solve the problem. I can't give lost keys and recovery lost. My ISP don't blocked e-mail functionality. My spam filters are currently disabled, but problem is still. What Can I do now ?

Well it seems that you have continued to do the same thing, trying to recover lost keys, rather than as I suggested, use the SSL link and opt to get a new key.

<snip>
You could also try the SSL Registration Page: https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=ENG Select the third option, "I'm a registered user and my registration key has expired, I need a new one" See image below (from previous post).

If you use a different domain name and try to recover a lost key, there will be no matching record as you are using a different email address in this instance. Also if you are using the SSL link and choose the recover lost key, etc. then it will take you back to the non-SSL page so it can check against the database. So try using the SSL registration page, and ask for a new key as suggested and see what happens.

Click on the Registration Language and change to Polish if that helps, see image (click the image to expand)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 04:40:16 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security