Author Topic: Where can i download Windows 2000 pro?  (Read 18957 times)

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
Re: Where can i download Windows 2000 pro?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2009, 06:41:21 AM »
I can use Nero to burn the ISO file.

What is the difference between utorrent and bittorrent software?

Looks like the same. Is there any difference? Which is the best?

I am really sorry that I've to download it illegally but I have the legal key.

I am still downloading it because the torrent has only a few seeds. 2 hrs more.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 06:43:36 AM by Chris Thomas »

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2009, 06:44:44 AM »
Well, how illegal is it if he just needs the media, because he's going to use a legit key?

I think MS should have all of their install disks on a FTP site somewhere that everyone could access in case of a broken / lost / damaged disk.  If you don't have a key, it won't work anyway.

Yes, Microsoft should think about a FTP site

Joe S

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 07:21:17 AM »
MS wouldn't post ISO images for their systems because there a lot of cracks and loaders available for all versions. Most PC's no longer come with a real install disk.
Joe

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2009, 09:01:02 AM »
Then I'll download it at pirate bay also I knew it before but I hate torrents=_="
No one never replied me!

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2009, 11:56:06 AM »

Hermite15

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »
I'd suggest you remove the link from your post, you might have a CD key (  8) ), but a torrent of Windows remains a torrent of Windows, it's not legit. Also consider that when you post such a link here, Google bots indexes that and the forums will get browsed soon or later by those interested  ;D >>>> so eventually more spammers here.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 01:59:20 PM »
MS wouldn't post ISO images for their systems because there a lot of cracks and loaders available for all versions. Most PC's no longer come with a real install disk.
Joe

I dont know about all versions. But the backlog of versions certainly. There has always been an unauthorised Microsoft that took care of all those things Microsoft could not do or was hopeless at, like having an effective support network for example (until recently - in fact, maybe only since last November). Mostly Microsoft seem willing to suffer the unauthorized Microsoft, and to be fair, mainly when 9x was still prevalent (which was still the case at start of 2006 in my country. Pro 2000 was more of a network service used by organisations. The follow up XP still hadn't been appreciated for what it was). Where could you solve those tricky 9x difficulties? - not at Microsoft thats for sure. (They still dont have an official local support service in my country. You have to go third party). So unauthorized MS became essential for computer repair people and home users alike (web 1.0, I like to call this period), and the whole idea of a better support service than Microsoft could provide was hard to shake off, even after MS began to put together a much more efficient knowledge unit.  And again, they seemed willing to suffer unauthorized MS covering any aspects of Windows OS that they were unable to grasp themselves. Not unusual then that unauthorized copies of their OS would accompany the growth of the alternative troubleshoot service. With XP being the ideal system for technicians, and msdn opening itself to all persons qualified as MS certified, the unauthorized service took on a more legitimate face alongside the obviously non-legit practices of the crack and key gen people. But the dividing line continues to be blurred. And MS continues to  part tolerate the blur despite that it will never admit so much. Their experiences with needing to go RFC and having to wear mini microsoft - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini-Microsoft - have suggested they might be worse off without their unauthorized counterpart, vague as that concept may now be. It is certainly a fact that those technicians who found XP so ideal and who do not work for MS and who put their own interests before Microsoft's are precisely the people who work on Vista when the OS needs work, and likewise when Windows 7 has been on the market for a while. Microsoft cannot do without these third party networks. They will have to suffer them. Their only real effective solution to this state of affairs has been to so reduce the cost of their backlog OS versions, as well as their current offering (package PC, with OEM without install disk getting cheaper all the time), and enabling third parties to run warranty, and running a better support service, that they have finally managed to present non-legit nets and their practice with some real competition. Still appears likely though, that MS will always need tolerate unauthorized services because of the gaps they fill, and so they will also have to bear the less legit aspects of the computer world - that are part and parcel of the alternative corporate MS. But they will still never admit to so much (especially with likes of China having gone barmy with counterfeit MS copies). So they are unlikely ever to launch such an ftp ISO service and make things easier for the everyday consumers (and hopefully I am wrong about this)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 02:03:08 PM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »
I got it from here

http://www.torrentzap.com/torrent/799862/Windows+2000+incl+SP4+iso

I just checked the link but I have a question.
What is  windows 2000 and sevice pack 4?

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 03:04:57 PM »
You want service pack 4 with your pro 2000 shiw liang.

I havent used the link so Chris Thomas might help you more. Interested to see how go. I wouldn't be too bothered about Microsoft. They probably be interested too (put down to nostalgia probably).

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 06:05:35 PM »
What is the difference between utorrent and bittorrent software?

None.  utorrent is just the name of a client software application.  bittorrent is the "theory" or protocol. The way that the software works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2009, 04:38:00 AM »
We run Media Player 9 on it. Probably run Media player 11 now.