Author Topic: Ignoring Files  (Read 2914 times)

Xaq

Ignoring Files
« on: June 15, 2004, 12:28:10 AM »
Today, I installed Avast! onto my computer and so far everything looks good except for one annoyance. I have a folder and most of the items in that folder have been infected by Win32:Hantaner (a worm from KaZaa). These are important files and there are about 35 infected. The virus doesnt damage my comp. at all so I'm not really worried about it. The thing is, when my comp starts up and Avast! starts, the alarm goes off like crazy on all the files. This is kind of annoying and there are other people in my house hold who are not so computer knowledgable so when they start-up the computer and this goes off they get annoyed to. I want to know how to get it to not detect these files on start-up and be able to run the sheild without getting alerts every 5 seconds. I opened avast! and put the folder in the exclussions but it seems to only affect scans. Can someone please tell me how to ignore files on start-up! Thanks. Xaq

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:Ignoring Files
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 01:10:34 AM »
This is the virus that you are happy to leave on your computer because it's not really doing any harm, other that infecting other computers when you use P2P.

Win32/HLLP.Hantaner.A is a virus spreading via infected files in P2P environment of KaZaA net. The virus is written in Delphi, and in order decreasing its length comprised by UPX. Comprised virus length is approximately 24 KB. Virus attacks computers with operating systems Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000 and XP.

NOD32 detects the non-comprised version of Win32/HLLP.Hantaner.A virus as Win32/HLLP.Hantaner.A.unp.

After the infected file is run Win32/HLLP.Hantaner.A uses the system register for finding the directory where KaZaA saves downloaded files. It uses for this purpose the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kazaa\Transfer\DownloadDir. Virus is also searching for the directory used by Internet Explorer browser for saving of downloaded files from Internet.. It accomplishes this using the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download Directory.

It infects the files in above given directories placing its body at the beginning of those.

The virus creates the file named tnKXfs.dat on the disk in the directory %windir%\TEMP.

NO virus is harmless other than the Eicar test and the sooner people learn that their infected computers can infect others. Generally here, we give advice in how to remove viruses not how to ignore them.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 01:14:21 AM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Xaq

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 02:28:24 AM »
I understand your concern of me infecting others, but that will not happen because I no longer share P2P files. I understand I shuldn't be ignoring the files, but  I assure you it will be fixed in due time. For now, I would jost like the alarm to stop going off when I start up, as it greatly annoys my family members.

c0Ld

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 05:19:28 AM »
If you need a better P2P instead of kazaa, check out Emule...it's both cleaner and better then kazaa

It's just not safe to leave the viruses on your computer...get emule and get rid of kazaa, for everyone else's sake.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 05:20:29 AM by c0Ld »