Poll

Need answer to simple ?

help
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Scanning  (Read 3029 times)

caddiva

Scanning
« on: June 15, 2004, 05:55:19 AM »
[glow=color,glow width, #characters wide]Can someone tell me if we can scan without the internet?[/glow]

8)

Hello again, I hope the poll thing above does not confuse anyone.  But when I was entering my question it said I had to enter something.  

Sorry I will get the hang of this , if someone could help with this please.  I am not taking a poll.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 06:24:22 AM by caddiva »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re:Scanning
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 07:45:26 AM »
Hehe you'll learn all forum commands over time :) Dont worry :)
Of course you can scan offline. avast! is a full featured antivirus program that is based locally (not as on-line scanners like HouseCall). It has Resident On-Access module which keeps your accessed and modified files safe. It also has a Instant messaging,mail protection and on-demand scanner which is initiated by you to scan full disk,single folder or even single file.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

shgoh

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 08:06:55 AM »
i'm really confused at first.. ;D

don't worry about it caddiva...welcome to avast :)

caddiva

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 05:15:16 AM »
Thanks shgoh & RejZoR!

I appreciate the response and welcome!  I hope to talk to you later.  I will be on from time to time.  

I am using spybot Search and destroy with the Avast and they are working great as of now.

I did get a chance to see the scan by files.  I do have a quick question... Why , after I scan the log file pops up with what it finds.. I am supposed to click on the file then hit the top button.  Nothing happened .  Now I have a log file with all those files contained, I run another scan and then it shows nothing (which is great) but my viewer is showing that I have not scanned my system and I did.. What is that about?

Ciao 4 Now! Caddiva
 ;)