Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 server's hacked, Trojan's inserted  (Read 5391 times)

Alan|Cvette

Modern Warfare 2 server's hacked, Trojan's inserted
« on: December 18, 2009, 12:04:53 AM »
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=181646

Glad I hesitated, and never bought the game.  :)

Mr.Agent

Re: Modern Warfare 2 server's hacked, Trojan's inserted
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 01:01:43 AM »
I hope avast! can stop that threat...

Mr.Agent

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 01:13:32 AM »
Well i got my respond http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=181646&start=20 post number 7.

Well done...

spg SCOTT

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 01:19:33 AM »
Just one reason I am playing it on an xbox right bow instead of a pc...

Mr.Agent

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2009, 01:33:14 AM »
Its very amazing for sure... Its make me very scaring now. Also not only me and us that is playing game but the kids too... So that very amazing and unbelievable... I think 3 years later PC will throw down and i think MAC too. So another special computer will get out and do the same lol... :( I hate those ...... Who only steal for get something free...

Alan|Cvette

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2009, 02:40:10 AM »
I really don't know what to make of all of it, just hope this doesn't become a trend in newer games.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2009, 02:55:28 AM »
But for sure if ALWIL Software wasnt here. I guess i would really cry. As their product is very stable,great detection,great scan and cool while playing in game,surf or anything else. So i hope to them to have a great time,continue their great effort and keep our children and us to stay and surf safe.

But so far they arent down and they are bringing us a new version of their product. Which will be a unbelievable version and an amazing one.

Mr.Agent
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 02:57:55 AM by Mr.Agent »

Alan|Cvette

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2009, 03:14:46 AM »
great scan and cool while playing in game

Certainly, I uninstalled the Norton IS 2009 my Windows Vista came with, and installed Avast! 5.0. And after a little bit of my own tweaking, I've gotten Vista's memory usage from 2.2GB to 900MB. Wonderful for gaming.

Mr.Agent

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 03:22:51 AM »
I use 4.8 currently and for sure did trying the 5.0 in a test pc. And not a word they rock !

But well i think we should stop to go off topic now.

Thank.

Mr.Agent

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »
I've been playing it on PS3, I guess consoles are one good reason to use for gaming.  I stopped playing games on the computer when mine got too out of date. It's probably been about 6 years since I've done a major over-haul, otherwise I'd be playing on a computer as well.  Just something about playing first-person shooters on two little joysticks.  I can never get as good as I am with a mouse and keyboard.

Oh well.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

spg SCOTT

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 02:21:20 PM »
Yes scythe, that is the reason I use a console. At least it is not out of date before you get it home...and I need a controller...

The only thing about the game is the way they have done the multiplayer aspect...currently it says 'Completion 130%' ??? and they blocked xbox live parties in some games...no how are you supposed to talk to just your friends...

Anyway...at least Infinity Ward know about it and can take measures to prevent it happening again...