Author Topic: Updating Problems  (Read 8760 times)

erinsgrandma

Re:Updating Problems
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 02:42:19 PM »
I'm having the same problem but can't update manually either.  Everything was fine until this morning or I should say, after the last update.  

barry

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 05:29:12 PM »
erinsgrandma: Thinking about it, it could have been since the new program update that came out that I've had this problem. Maybe it's a small bug in it that only affects a few systems?
Can you update from within the simple user interface? Is it only the taskbar icon that won't let you update correctly?

Pacey

erinsgrandma

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 06:49:37 PM »
I don't know what happened but later this morning the update worked fine.  Something was changed but I'm darned if I know what it was.   Now that I'm thinking about it - I was being asked repeatedly yesterday and this morning if I was going to allow avast to access the internet.  Usually my firewall only asks once after an update.  That, too, has stopped.  Gremlins at works I guess.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2004, 09:03:33 PM »
I don't know what happened but later this morning the update worked fine.  Something was changed but I'm darned if I know what it was.   Now that I'm thinking about it - I was being asked repeatedly yesterday and this morning if I was going to allow avast to access the internet.  Usually my firewall only asks once after an update.  That, too, has stopped.  Gremlins at works I guess.

Let me take a wild guess your using Sygate?

If so, this forum is full of threads relating to the sensitivity of sygate. Use the Forum Search link in my signature below and search for 'sygate firewall prob' and you should find some information that may be of help.

HTH David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security