Author Topic: Sandbox Program for 64bit Windows 7  (Read 18226 times)

BRANDONN2008

Sandbox Program for 64bit Windows 7
« on: December 19, 2009, 06:26:23 AM »
I'm sorry if there is a thread about this already. I'm aware there is not and will not be a 64-bit version of Sandboxie. Soon (hopefully) I will be able to upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit, and was wondering if there is a good sandbox program for it. Thank you.

ardvark

Re: Sandbox Program for 64bit Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 08:42:56 AM »
I'm sorry if there is a thread about this already. I'm aware there is not and will not be a 64-bit version of Sandboxie. Soon (hopefully) I will be able to upgrade to Windows 7 64-bit, and was wondering if there is a good sandbox program for it. Thank you.

Hi...

Interestingly enough, while search for your answer, I happened to find this page. However, it doesn't look like it's recommended because of "Patchguard." From what I have read, this program is similar but since don't have any experience with it, please don't quote me on it. ;)

May God bless you :)

BRANDONN2008

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:16:31 PM »
Thank you. This PatchGuard thing sounds annoying, and it will probably be bypassed by viruses later but not by legitimate security programs.

timcan

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 10:14:59 PM »

Hard_ROCKER

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »
Keep an eye out on GesWall. The next version they will be releasing(3.0) will support Windows Vista & 7 64 bit editions(they have a freeware version aswell). Personally i think Sandboxie will sooner or later be forgotten when people start switching to 64 bit more and more. Their excuses for their software not supporting 64 bit are pathetic if you ask me. Why are they the only ones that cannot make their program compatible with 64 bit ?