Author Topic: Kobra's AV test on 6-14-04  (Read 45870 times)

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
Re:Kobra's AV test on 6-14-04
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2004, 06:39:47 AM »
right, i just found that archive level option but unlimited ... ouch lol
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2004, 09:53:15 AM »
Ok where the hell is their home page? Gogle gives me only damn crack sites when i search for MKS-Vir2004. Maybe because i'm not on my own machine...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

thebigshot

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2004, 10:15:27 AM »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2004, 10:27:09 AM »
Thx i'll give it a try :)

Nomadin

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2004, 01:49:24 PM »
Kobra, thanks for performing this test.  It was a very informative and interesting read.

KezzerDrix

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2004, 03:25:10 PM »
Kobra,

Could you change your test scores into links to the main page of these AV's for quick glancing.

Oh yea, btw, impressive testing,  I am a programmer, but not in the field of AV's, so I don't know how scientific this expriement is but it is interesting to read.  People like you help make advancements in programs.

DougWeller

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2004, 08:38:36 AM »
I brought this up in a Nod32 forum. I seem to have upset some people. :)

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=198615#post198615

Doug

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2004, 12:57:49 PM »
Also another note to tests

Exact program version and virus database build/date should be included :)
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

Kobra

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2004, 04:33:47 PM »
I brought this up in a Nod32 forum. I seem to have upset some people. :)

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=198615#post198615

Doug

You know, i've actually been IP banned from that forum.  I was a registered NOD32 owner, and went there to report issues/problems/bugs with the product, and got banned for critisizing NOD32 by Paul Wilders.  I akin to the NOD32 movement as a bunch of cultists that believe their product is the best in the world, when in my personal experiance, its only an "Average" AV product. But they do take it quite personally when you poke holes in their baby.  They certainly don't take even mild complaints very well, and the mods threaten with PM's.  At least the Avast folks are nice, open, upfront, and confront issues head on like bulls.  All the more reason to support Avast.  ;D

I noticed a good bit of people defend my tests there too. So thats good I guess. I still visit there through proxy scramblers, but I won't post and contribute.  Their loss.. NOD32 doesn't get the viruses I find submitted to it anymore.. Further loss for them, since they need all the help they can get.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2004, 05:12:18 PM »
Well Alwil guys listen to every user error/bug report,complaint or recommendation and they sometimes even admit their mistakes (altough i haven't seen any yet,i just assume they don't cover the dirt with carpet). Thats why avast! antivirus is getting better and better so fast.

Technodrome

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2004, 05:22:06 PM »
Kobra,

You don’t get banned for criticizing NOD32 or any other security product. There are plenty people who criticize NOD32 (or any other product) and they are not banned from Wilders.

You’ve got banned for continues bashing. We don’t support product bashing of any name or any kind.

tECHNODROME
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 05:23:17 PM by Technodrome »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2004, 05:25:52 PM »
Yeah,but if it sucks,it sucks. Then we're all Symantec bashers (well their software really sucks,at least for home users) :P

Kobra

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2004, 06:13:17 PM »
Kobra,

You don’t get banned for criticizing NOD32 or any other security product. There are plenty people who criticize NOD32 (or any other product) and they are not banned from Wilders.

You’ve got banned for continues bashing. We don’t support product bashing of any name or any kind.

tECHNODROME

WTF? Continued product bashing?  How about being a registered owner of a product that continued to let me down, and I was posting detailed examinations about how and why it let me down.  Thats not bashing, thats constructive critisizing.  But hey, i've heard from most people that they too get warnings for posting critisizms of NOD32 over there - legit ones too.

Show me a post on Wilders were I flat out "Bashed" NOD32, and i'm not talking about posts illustrating a weakness in the product, or real concerns. I'm talking about flat out saying "NOD32 sucks butt, don't buy it" kind of bashing.. I challenge you to find one! What I did on the NOD32 forums wasn't REMOTELY as harsh as what i've done on the Avast forums. I've pointed out some issues i've had with Avast, pointed out a problem with bombs, and other things, and they've never warned me, in fact, they replied with concise, well worded, and explanatory replies.  I assure you, i'd of been run the hell off Wilders playpen if I even tried posting 1% of that.

But thats ok, myself and a few others are addressing these concerns directly with NOD32, and it appears they might be moving their support forums inhouse soon.  I guess i'm not alone with having issues with their so called "Official" forums.

Technodrome

« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2004, 06:26:45 PM »
Read your post carefully including ones posted by using different names.

tECHNODROME

Kobra

« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2004, 06:33:28 PM »
Thats not much of a reply, and I stand by my case.  At any rate, its *HIS* loss, not mine.  Wilders was one of the smallest forums I frequent anyway, so its not a big deal.  My main forum is 250k members strong, and *I* am a moderator there, so thats what counts.  Not some smalltimer forum with a cultist fanboy moderator.

But its funny, even after i've vacated from that forum, people in that forum manage to reference my posts on the net from other locations.  So despite Pauls best efforts to "Silence" the critic, hes pretty much failed miserably. That must be quite a blow to his self esteem.

Water under the bridge, I have a proxy scrambler now anyway, so if I did want to post there, its not a real issue, but frankly, I have no interest in that forum.  You wilders boys just go about your business, you are a non-issue for me at this point.