Author Topic: licence  (Read 4330 times)

Jim B

licence
« on: December 25, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
My friend has a 1 year licence to Pro and it is expiring soon.  Does she just buy another licence or is there an add a year option?

Thanks

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: licence
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 08:19:51 PM »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 09:40:36 PM »
My friend has a 1 year licence to Pro and it is expiring soon.  Does she just buy another licence or is there an add a year option?

Thanks

I believe there is a renewal button on the Pro version when it is near due and I believe there might be a discount. She could also contact sales (at) avast (dot) come and that may be able to advise on any renewal discount.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ronrust

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 04:12:02 AM »
could you please tell me why i have paid twice for the antivirus with in the last four months,and now it said it is going to expire again. i thought once i paid for avast it was go for a year not two months. i have paid 39.95 twice . could get back to me as soon as possible, i have eight days and it is going to expire again  ron rust

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 04:47:46 AM »
Please email your details to sales@avast.com , include the receipt information. You should not have had to pay twice in 4 months.
Something is seriously wrong, here, are you sure you have the "real" Avast (from www.avast.com )?
There are rogues that masquerade as Avast.
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 04:30:38 PM »
could you please tell me why i have paid twice for the antivirus with in the last four months,and now it said it is going to expire again. i thought once i paid for avast it was go for a year not two months. i have paid 39.95 twice . could get back to me as soon as possible, i have eight days and it is going to expire again  ron rust

Where did you purchase the Pro license ?

Your first Pro licence will actually last for 14 months, but given what you have said it lasted two months, again leads me to believe that you haven't entered the license key in the program and the 60 day trial (demo license) has expired - Insert Registration Key - Video

So did you enter the license key you should have received by email ?

If so, did it respond with, success or did it respond with invalid license or other error ?

Ensure that the system date is correct, day/month/year and adjust as required.

What does your License expiry date say in the about avast (right click the avast 'a' icon) information window say ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security