Author Topic: yahoo gotta be false positive  (Read 10377 times)

Joe S

Re: yahoo gotta be false positive
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 11:44:05 PM »
Kenny
Maybe I will if they don't fix their problem. This site isn't my life! They've got a problem and need to fix it soon or I won't be the only dumping it.
Joe

YoKenny

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 11:52:49 PM »
Kenny
Maybe I will if they don't fix their problem. This site isn't my life! They've got a problem and need to fix it soon or I won't be the only dumping it.
Joe

See ya.

Joe S

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009, 11:54:24 PM »
Up yours mister know it all
Joe

YoKenny

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 12:16:19 AM »
Up yours mister know it all
Joe

Thanks for the compliment.

spg SCOTT

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 02:21:24 AM »
spg Scott
It may not be as serious as the last disaster but how many of these glitches are people going to put up with before they dump Avast? On top of the definition problem I wasn't the only one that got Antivirus Live that slipped through.  I realize this extremely complex for them to deal with. I think they need to review their screening testing process since this is the second bad update in about a month and see if they are doing something different. What good is an antivirus program that is getting faulty updates causing alarms? If there is an alert are we supposed to check here first before taking action to keep the entire system getting corrupted? I've used Avast for several years now but am starting to have second thoughts on reliability. How many oops are people going to put up with? Until they straighten this out I can't honestly recommend Avast to anybody.
Joe

I personally feel that ALIWIL have responded well to this, a simple FP that only affected so many people, simply because it was an ad...most network shield blocks may only affect one site...
This is really no different to a normal FP, but since so many people will experience it, many will complain...

I can perfectly imagine that you are doubting avast!...and obviously it is your choice as to whether to stay or not...

Anga

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »
I've never had a problem with Avast until now.
Anyone know when this will be fixed? I still can't access any Yahoo pages without the virus warnings

CharleyO

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 08:58:39 PM »

Welcome to the forums, Anga.   :)

It has been fixed. Has your avast updated lately? If not, do a manual update.

Let us know how it goes.