Author Topic: Avast H.E. and Netmeeting  (Read 2708 times)

joew767

Avast H.E. and Netmeeting
« on: June 16, 2004, 05:15:54 AM »
I installed avast on my win98 pc  over the weekend and when i went to use netmeeting it would not connect.  I remote desktop into my work pc from home using netmeeting, it now says that it was unable to place a secure call and the certificate i have may not be usable with netmeeting.  I am not using a certificate with netmeeting.

Also when i go to some webpages (like windows update) it says that it cant run activeX controls on the page. Also the windows update sight does not work, telling me that i have to be an administrator. My pc is not setup for multiple users, there is no admin.

these are the erros form the windows update.log:
2004-06-15 19:07:10  00:07:10   Error     IUCTL          Digital Signatures on file C:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate\V4\temp\iuident.cab are not trusted (Error 0x800B0001)
2004-06-15 19:07:10  00:07:10   Error     IUCTL          Digital Signatures on file C:\Program Files\WindowsUpdate\V4\temp\iuident.cab are not trusted (Error 0x800B0004)

I followed everything i could find on the microsoft site (and the web for that matter), none has worked so far.  I uninstalled avast hoping that would help, and it hasnt.  

The only other thing is that the microsoft website said to do this:
REGSVR32 MSSIP32.DLL
and that fails.  I extract it from .cab and that failed also.

can nayone offer some help?
thanks,
joe

caddiva

Re:Avast H.E. and Netmeeting
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 05:22:59 AM »
Hello Joe!  

Why don't you try something simple first and try to System Restore back to Friday.  Before Avast and everything. Then simply download Avast again, and it should all work out..

This should reset your netmeeting and everything, and  cure your bugs.

Ciao!
Caddiva

joew767

Re:Avast H.E. and Netmeeting
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 08:18:44 PM »
Yes, that would be nice but since this is an old pc i havent been exactly diligent about backups :(

So i dont have any recent ones - clearly my bad :-)

I am not sure what to try other than that though. Thanks for responding.