Author Topic: Is this true?  (Read 10801 times)

Offline RZPogi

Re: Is this true?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 04:18:57 PM »
Can avast sue them? That advertisement can be a huge disadvantage for pc users seeking for an excellent anti-virus and anti-malware for their system, especially to those new pc users that does not yet knows that the avast is the best! :D

That would be a waste of time. There is no need to sue AVG for that.

I know a lot of people who says AVG is crap and asking me to install Avast in their pc or laptops.
DESKTOP: Win 10, Avast 20 Free, Windows firewall, Malwarebytes free

LAPTOP: Win 10, Windows Defender, Malwarebytes free, Windows Firewall, Mcshield

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 04:42:30 PM »
All anyone has to do is look at the AV-Comparatives 2009 Summary to see that AVG did NOT do very well at all.  avast pinned AVG's ears back and kicked sand in AVG's face.  AVG didn't get so much as a single Advanced + rating in ANY category, much less a Gold, Silver or Bronze ranking.
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »
1.Avg is slow at startup in my system so I don't like it
2.Its scan is 2x not faster but slower than avast(bored waiting)
3.It tooks an eternity to open its window interface :(
4.Advertisement everytime seen annoying :-\
5.Dangerous to use it automatically clear files even the important ones which caused trouble in booting my pc >:(

That's the reason I don't use it ;)

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 06:15:31 PM »
Well,
Again i would like to say Nobody is perfect in this world.

Anybody has their confidence with their Av vendor, but again let everyone try and choose which is better one.

No need to debate which one is better, because all things only created by humans.

Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Offline Tarq57

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • If at first you don’t succeed; call it version 1.0
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 08:20:40 PM »
Well,
Again i would like to say Nobody is perfect in this world.

Anybody has their confidence with their Av vendor, but again let everyone try and choose which is better one.

No need to debate which one is better, because all things only created by humans.

+1.
I do think that when  company "A" resort to dissing a rival company's product, though, that something is wrong with company "A". That's just not generally done. It's dirty pool, and it may come back to haunt them. People often don't like that type of advertising, for good reason.
I have every confidence Alwil will not stoop to that level.
(Or, put another way, Alwil won't.  ;D)
Windows 10,Windows Firewall,Firefox w/Adblock.

jisuna23

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2010, 03:49:23 AM »
That ad really makes me very angry!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(

~Oh well, we all know the fact that avast's technology is far superior compared to avg's..

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2010, 01:20:35 PM »
Please don't make me laugh about AVG and I can tell you why? and see for yourself in full proof when you compare the free edition version of AVG Free Edition vs Avast Free Edition

Please look at AVG free edition http://www.avg.com.au/products/avg-anti-virus-free/

than compare against Avast free edition http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-compare-home-professional.html

You should be able to tell who win the most free edition product on the market

The winner is Avast! ;D why choose AVG ???
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 01:28:37 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

prkw

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 02:19:48 PM »
I don't think so.

Avast has nailed a few websites, including one of mine that was compromised with a one pixel re-direct that someone placed in a comment.   
My site had the Google warning page pop up in Firefox.   It was brought to my attention from a friend who wondered what was going on.    His computers had McAfee Enterprise and personal had AVG.

My Avast showed EXACTLY where the offense was on the yellow bar.

I dropped the comment and petitioned Google to remove the warning which took a day.

After that episode I was hooked.

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 02:34:49 PM »
Makes me laugh  ;D ;D ;D

Avast is better than AVG~ :-X

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »
Totally aside from the products themselves, tech support for avast (especially from experienced users, plus of course the Alwil team) is just a teensy bit (  ;) ) better than for AVG.  If you do a search here, that's probably the most common reason for former AVG users coming over to avast.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

acey

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »
I'm a recent convert from AVG which I used for years until their latest version (free) 9 proved to be impossible to download (and you should have seen the frustration and anger and mutually traded insults on their "support" forum about that version 9, so I wasn't alone!)
Avast! is my new "home, and I can see clearly already that this forum is a happier and more helpful place than AVG's!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2010, 08:00:11 PM »
mutually traded insults on their "support" forum
I'm an ex-AVG also. Never could be happy at their forum. But it was a long time ago, almost 7 years ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2010, 08:19:10 PM »
Same thing here, ex AVG user almost six years ago now and have never looked back.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

olddog

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 06:54:10 AM »
I'm curious,

Why does everyone seem to accept that AVG is responsible for the appearance of this advertisement?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 04:33:50 PM »
Because they, AVG, have agreed to stop it after contact by avast, as has been mentioned already in another topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security