Author Topic: Trojan Removal  (Read 3156 times)

Tahu

Trojan Removal
« on: January 03, 2010, 06:43:28 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Tonight, I was really bored. So I decided I pick up my guitarr and try to learn some tabs. I googled for tabs for a specific song and got "ultimateguitar.com" something, and clicked.
My Avast! yells and says that you have a "Trojan Connection" to your comp and there is a button that says "Abort connection" and I just hit it as fast as possible, then shut down the site. I didnt read what was on it.

Now, Im scanning my computer for viruses (its not done yet), and when I check the "real-time protection" on web-protection it says "Number of Infected: 1". But how do remove it?
It wasnt in the chest, and above it stands "last infected: (webadress, I can write if you want to).

Has Avast removed this itself or what happend  ??? ,

and if the scanner now doesnt find anything, am I safe? I dealt with trojans before, but then I useally get an option to put it in the chest, and not that you have 1 infected or  ???

All the Best
/Tahu

YoKenny

Re: Trojan Removal
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »
Welcome

Please read:
Every 3.6 seconds a website is infected
http://www.scmagazineus.com/every-36-seconds-a-website-is-infected/article/140414

The ultimateguitar.com site is infected and avast! blocked it and nothing is on your system.

The site owner will have to fix the infection and make sure that the password to the site is changed.

Tahu

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »
Thanks alot for the post, but why does the real-time protection say "Number of Infected: 1"? Even though it blocked it, did it remove it?

Best Regards!
/Tahu

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:24:42 PM »
It did not have to remove anything as it blocked it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:05:54 PM »
Thanks alot for the post, but why does the real-time protection say "Number of Infected: 1"? Even though it blocked it, did it remove it?

Best Regards!
/Tahu

You don't say which real time shield it is recorder against, the web shield blocked it so it will be recorded against that shield. It counts it as a detection/infected file, the fact that it also blocked it from getting on to your system is a bonus.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security