Author Topic: outlook express  (Read 10612 times)

welopez

Re:outlook express
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2004, 12:43:07 AM »
MOST FRUSTRATING AND VEXING!!

Okay, after my earlier post, I set for a virus scan and then drove to town to run errands.  Two hours later I returned and sent out several emails with no problem.  Then I had some office chores to attend to, and two hours later wanted to send two more emails, but not I keep getting the popup asking for my user name and password.  Because all is correct, I click OK, then after a few moments the popup returns.  This time I enter my user name and password (with no changes) and click OK, then the popup returns.  I even tried doing a cold boot to see if AVAST would correctly read the INI file again, with the same, negative results.  It seems as if I can send email only when the puter is in a good mood!?!  LOL!  Except, it ain't funny.   :'(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2004, 01:19:59 AM »
Welopez, try to see your avast! connection (Basic) configuration.
How do you connect the Internet: dial-up or DSL (permanent)?
Also, in your browser set the correct way you connect (maybe Tools > Options > Connections).

You can also search the forum...
The best things in life are free.

welopez

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2004, 02:08:46 AM »
I have a direct connection (2-way satellite modem).  Dialup is miserably slow over 20 miles of twisted pair, and neither DSL or cable will be available in my area this millennium.  The browser is automatically configured by the Starband software for my LAN.  I do not use a proxy server.

Guess what?  After my previous post... I shut down completely and went to fix dinner.  I returned after 45 minutes, re-booted and easily received all the emails from my accounts.  One necessitated a reply, which I did, then added it to the two previous emails sitting in my out box.  When I clicked on send--Glory Be!!--all three emails went out with no problem!

This is what I mean by frustrating; sometimes it works just as it us supposed to, an hour later it will not send, even though no settings have been changed.

As Alice said, stepping through the looking glass, "Curiouser and cuirouser....?"   :-\

neal62

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2004, 03:34:34 AM »
welopez,

Just a thought on my part as to what may be going on with your Satellite ISP system. This sporadic behavior that your experiencing may be due to partial "rain fade" that those Satellite sytems are subject to. The moisture from rain etc does not have to be right at your location. If there are rain droplets in line from the apex of your Satellite dish to the Satellite in outer space this can occur. This is because the frequency length of the rain droplets is the same frequency length as what the Satellite system is operating on. This happens quite frequently with the smaller Satellite dish systems that provide Television entertainment to millions of users. You might keep track of what the weather is like in your area when this happens again If it happens again. This is just one possible reason that I can think of. The better the Satellite dish is aimed at the Satellite in outer space the better results you will get and less "rain fade" problems.
Hope this helps. Have a nice day.  :D

welopez

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2004, 03:47:51 AM »
ROFL!  Sorry, perhaps I should have mentioned I live in southern Nevada, about 70 miles north of Vegas.  I've had rain fade once in three years, and "dust fade" twice.  ROFL!  I doubt if that is the problem.   ::)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2004, 03:48:12 AM »
I shut down completely

Hehe, maybe the answer  ;D
The best things in life are free.

neal62

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2004, 03:55:11 AM »
welopez,

Well, I am glad you got a laugh out of my post. First of all YES, you should have mentioned where you live. You do not show that in your profile here. The information I gave you does exist even though after the fact I now know that in your case its not applicable. If your going to express a problem in the future about your ISP and your Satellite, you may want to let the rest of us that are only trying to help you know where your geographical location is. ::)