Author Topic: Considering upgrading service  (Read 1786 times)

Sawbones

Considering upgrading service
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
I have been using the free service trial for the last month and I am considering upgrading the service but I have an issue with the way Avast monitors and upgrades my virus protection.  Currently I have no control at all the time of day when Avast upgrades virus protection and it auto updates at a time that is most inconvenient for me, not only slowing down my computer processes when I am at work, but WORSE, minimizing whatever site I am on and taking over my screen with a pop-up message I do NOT want.  Will upgrade allow more control so I can have it perform updates and such at 3am?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Considering upgrading service
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:48:01 PM »
Yes, the pro version should allow you to upgrade at certain times, it will also do "push" updates.  Meaning, if there is a very nasty virus found, and they create a definition file for it, they can automatically push it to computers that have avast pro installed, and that are connected to the internet at that moment.

You can also disable the "popups" so that you don't see them when updates happen as well.  I think that's even available in the free version, but I don't have a computer with the free version installed with me at the moment.  Just search around the forum for disable avast popup messages.

Then again, you can always download the pro version and use it for 60 days and play around with it.  You don't have to pay if you don't like it.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum