Author Topic: POP from server failed [0xA410, res timestamp:  (Read 3839 times)

khedquist

POP from server failed [0xA410, res timestamp:
« on: December 02, 2009, 03:14:00 PM »
This just started to happen on one of our Windows 2003 Servers that runs SQL 2000.  We also get this associated error with it:

*************************************************************************************************************
12/2/2009   2:59:58 AM   Application Popup   Error   None   333   N/A   SERVER01   An I/O operation initiated by the Registry failed unrecoverably. The Registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system's image of the Registry.
*************************************************************************************************************

The SQL databases start to fail to respond as the server continues to become slower and slower and eventually fails to respond and needs to be powered off to recover.  This server is currently running with 10GB of memory, but I've bumped it to 15GB do to this issue to see if this gives us more time between failures.  This is the first reboot we have done sice the installation of the avast client, if we still experiance issues our next step is to turn off the avast client.

I'm not sure if the avast client has to unload the Software registry hive to scan it or not, but this seems to be the area of the problem from what I'm seeing.  It could also be that the Database files are continually accessed 24/7/365 and avast can't lock them out to scan them.  

Any one with insight to this issue?

Thanks in advance for any insight to this issue

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: POP from server failed [0xA410, res timestamp:
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 07:40:43 AM »
Hi Khedquist,

Were you still facing with this problem?

1. Whether your SQL server it's able to ping and accessed by client?

2. Have you tried to did a boot time scan with avast at your SQL Server?

3. Is there other antivirus or desktop firewall or anti spyware application installed at your server?
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya