Author Topic: avast suddenly disabled - virus?  (Read 2404 times)

flenr

avast suddenly disabled - virus?
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:19:09 PM »
I'm on Vista SP2, the avast on-access scanner's automatically boots on startup.

I went to this website and Avast detected a trojan and I assume, blocked it. After that, just to be safe, I rightclicked the 'a' icon and selected avast antivirus to do a scan. While I was setting up the parameters (type of scan etc), there was some lag and I may have extra clicked some button on the antivirus screen, then a blurb popped up to inform me that on-access control was disabled. I clicked on the blurb which led me to Windows Security Center and was able to reactivate the scanner, much to my relief.

I got the antivirus scan running now, however, I'm wondering whether it was due to a possible trojan or my random clicking or something else that the on-access providers were disabled?

Thanks!

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: avast suddenly disabled - virus?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »
If it let you re-enable the on-access scanner, I doubt that you have a virus.  When you visit a website that avast is warning you about, it's a good sign, and chances are that avast prevented the bad code from running in the first place.

I'd just run a scan of your system with avast to make sure nothing got on your system.  Delete your temporary internet files, and after that, run a quick scan with malwarebytes.

You probably won't find anything.

If you do, post back here and let us know about it.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum