Author Topic: Cannot access AVAST webpage!  (Read 53196 times)

Kary

Re: Cannot access AVAST webpage!
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »
Essexboy?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2010, 09:25:31 PM »
Sorry for the delay - I have been discussing this with some network experts.  They are currnetly bemused - but I have been asked to try Combofix again as it has recently been updated for the newer infections.  Just delete the old copy from your desktop 
Someone blocked the connection (!) (= cleared the sftw. to reach the modem) and I had to erase the connection program and reload it newly (from provider's CD).
Does your router have a wep key or was it an unprotected one.

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.  It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you.  Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Kary

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »
The connection with the modem is WPA protected via ethernet, WEP protected via WiFi.

I suspected it was the same technician with whom I talked on telephone who erased the sftw.: he said the system was in danger for I told him I probably had a virus in my PC...

As I was a bit desperate, thinking that maybe 'it' has been controlling the AV, I erased AVAST ( :-[) and tried to install it anew: sorry could'nt anymore (the '.exe' file needs loading it from AVAST page)... :'( .  The problem persists even without AVAST installed...

Will do what you say in your message, tks.

Kary

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
OK, done. Here goes the file....

Just tried again with AVAST and Microsoft pages: always "server not found"-window appears...

(PC-Clock was 43 hours back as I turned the PC today.  Files compressed reduced to 6MB after clearing those little anti-malware programs and logs I used in these days, before running ComboFix today).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 05:52:30 PM by Kary »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2010, 10:13:53 PM »
OK I have just found a netservice entry that was not present before  ;D

1. Please open Notepad
  • Click Start , then Run
  • Type notepad .exe in the Run Box.
2. Now copy/paste the entire content of the codebox below into the Notepad window:

Code: [Select]
File::
c:\windows\system32\mzvscoqf.dll
c:\windows\Installer\eafea.msi

Driver::
suhbgm

NetSvc::
suhbgm

3. Then in the text file go to FILE > SAVE AS and in the dropdown box select SAVE AS TYPE to ALL FILES

4. Save the above as CFScript.txt

5. Then drag the CFScript.txt into ComboFix.exe as depicted in the animation below.  This will start ComboFix again.

6. After reboot, (in case it asks to reboot), please post the following reports/logs into your next reply:
  • Combofix.txt .

Kary

« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2010, 07:24:01 PM »
ESSEXBOY!!!!   ;D

Am using my PC now!!!

Am downloading updates and will re-install AVAST.

Hope all turns OK now  :)

Thank you  :-*

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2010, 08:50:29 PM »
Thank sUBs he makes and updates the programme to look in all the good areas - I just play with the results I get.  Let it run for 24 hours - and if you are happy I will remove my tools and tidy up after me  ;D

Kary

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2010, 09:30:20 PM »
OK, I thank sUBs. 

But without your work, patience and perseverance there is nothing to do with the program  ;)

Thank you very much again  :)

Will report in 24 hours.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2010, 09:36:00 PM »
I'll be here  ;D

Kary

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »
Hello Essexboy.  :)

Today loaded the service pack 3.

The clock still gets back (was 17 hours back when I turned my PC).

Cannot even try to open the Java icon in the Control Panel: PC crashes!

But till now I can open those pages I could not before: AVAST's and Microsoft's.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2010, 08:41:12 PM »
Form the way your clock is behaving it may be a CMOS battery problem - this can also cause random crashes.  Have you ever replaced the battery and how old is the computer ?

Kary

« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2010, 09:04:27 PM »
My PC is more or less 4 years old  :-[ ...

So I have to change that CMOS battery?

But, why I cannot open the Java icon in Control Panel? Maybe it's necessary more memory space specifically for Java? Also when I try the 'virtual machine' (from Java page) to see if Java is running or not, the system crashes (it reboots) again...

Thanks for your help Essexboy.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2010, 09:13:20 PM »
Your java is out of date anyway - so lets change that first.  I will find a guide to how to change the CMOS for and an explanation of the problems it can cause 

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. Beware it is NOT supported for use in 9x or ME and probably will not install in those systems

Upgrading Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 18.
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
  • Click on Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u18-windows-i586-p.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.(Vista users, right click on the jre-6u18-windows-i586-p.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")

Kary

« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2010, 11:43:57 PM »
Did it.

This time when I click over the Java icon on Control Panel, appears a window saying : "The system cannot find the registry key specified:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.6.0_18 \JavaHome" 

Sorry it took a long time to install the offline version (had to install it twice).
When I tried to open a page to see a video camera, there was nothing to see and  they asked for a plug-in:  I loaded it and the crashing problem returned as before.
 Then I noticed the update 17 was again there (control panel). So I repeated all the steps again...

That page still says I must load a plug-in or update the Java version.
Have thought maybe it's the Firefox version (I have the 3.5.7). There is a new version (3.6) but as I remember last time I had to return to the 3.5v....

In tools Menu (Firefox), under Plugins, stays a 'Java Deployment Toolkit 6.01.180.7 NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java (TM) Deploy' I couldn't erase, so I disabled it, but apparently nothing changes...

Should I try to update Firefox to 3.6 v.?

Thanks.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2010, 11:49:48 PM »
Not being a firefox user myself, I would think that may be a good plan  - especially as it seems related to that plugin