Author Topic: Disable Screen Saver?  (Read 3952 times)

OrionSamson

Disable Screen Saver?
« on: January 08, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
Hi I'm new here, I am wondering is there anyway to disable the screen saver totally (as in ALL ADD ON Screen savers are NOT allocated to avast) It is pretty annoying to see the scanning box jumping around everywhere. Is there any way to make new add on screen savers to go DIRECTLY to Windows screen saver???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Disable Screen Saver?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:37:23 PM »
Yes, just go to Windows Screensaver applet and choose the one (or none) you want.
avast screensaver was chosen by you, you can change this option anytime into Windows settings.
The best things in life are free.

OrionSamson

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 06:43:25 PM »
Yes, just go to Windows Screensaver applet and choose the one (or none) you want.
avast screensaver was chosen by you, you can change this option anytime into Windows settings.

The screen savers I want to use are NOT under the main screen saver control panel. The add on appear ONLY under avast screen saver. Is there a way to disable this? I want the add ons to appear only under the main screen saver menu. Do I have to edit my registry?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »
Seems that avast! is able to enumerate screensavers installed in Windows better than Windows itself ;)
There is no way to disable this - because there is nothing to disable. If Windows doesn't see the screensaver you want, it's probably incorrectly installed - avast! has nothing to do with that; it doesn't remove any screensavers from the main configuration.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 07:16:12 PM »
The screen savers I want to use are NOT under the main screen saver control panel. The add on appear ONLY under avast screen saver. Is there a way to disable this? I want the add ons to appear only under the main screen saver menu. Do I have to edit my registry?
Like Igor said, it's up to Windows at Control Panel > Customization (or something like that).
The best things in life are free.