Author Topic: License Key  (Read 5114 times)

ktm

License Key
« on: January 09, 2010, 02:54:17 AM »
Hello,
In November I had problems with my Avast, so I had to reinstall it and when I did, I received the free pro version, but now that this is version is expiring, I want to re-register under my Home Version.  My trial period for the pro version is over in two days, but I have my License Key for the Home Version, which is valid for another year, but I'm not sure where I can register this??? :-\  Can someone please direct me? Thanks in advance...

Kathleen

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: License Key
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:01:21 AM »
Hi KTM,

Welcome to the avast forum,

If you already got the license of avast Free edition, then you can input into the avast GUI.

1. Start - avast GUI will show in memory scan (v.4.8)
2. Initially avast will ask you to input your license, but if you already open avast before then you can click "License Key" when avast on memory scan progress

Please come back to us, if you still have any issues regarding to license key of avast.
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

ktm

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 05:43:15 AM »
Thank you Yanto.Chiang

Was not sure what you meant by the Avast GUI, (I'm Not a real pro here...) but in my search for this I came across where I could update my registration number in "About Avast".  So, I did change the registration number and I am all set until 10/2011.  Thank you for trying to guide me there!

Kathleen

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 05:54:55 AM »
Hi Kathleen,

I am sorry for my bad language, but if you already success to activated again your Free avast home edition.
It would be glad for me which can guide you.

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
Prima Partner Infotek
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

ktm

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 06:02:39 AM »
Yanto.Chiang I was in no way insinuating that you had bad language, I was just not sure what "GUI" was, so I chalked it up to my lack of knowledge....it's always a learning experience here on this site for me, so I appreciate any help I can get!!  :)  Now I am searching for the memory scan!

Kathleen

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 06:13:50 AM »
Hi Kathleen,

GUI - Graphical User Interface

I mean GUI is avast GUI when you open it from Start - Program Files - avast antivirus
 :P :P :P

Ok success for your memory scan, than you will found there is "Registration" then you may clicked it to insert your license key

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:15:44 AM by Yanto.Chiang »

kuhlee

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 02:51:50 PM »
This is all to familier. My trial version of avast home edition will expire in one day. I don't have the license key. How do I get it? ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 03:10:09 PM »
This is all to familier. My trial version of avast home edition will expire in one day. I don't have the license key. How do I get it? ???
Go to the SSL page version and register from there: https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=ENG.  The Registration key is valid for 14 months.
See the tutorial:  http://www.avast.com/files/tutorials/insert_key.htm
The best things in life are free.