Author Topic: Great New website  (Read 8639 times)

hello123

Great New website
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:31:51 PM »
 As you might now him from his youtube channel, wich is similar to mrizos, http://www.youtube.com/user/Cudgelwap1
Has launched his own website. http://roguedatabase.net/  I am   new user  , on the forum at this website.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Great New website
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:41:44 PM »
Screenshots look nice - I might think about using this for a reference.  A question where is the data gathered from ?

hello123

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:50:52 PM »
Well there is the Submit a Rogue button, but other then that i do not know.
Maybe ask that on there forums.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 12:41:45 AM »
My only problem with the site is it is highly media intensive, which is a bind for us on dial-up.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »

Interesting site for reference. Thanks for the link, hello123.   :)

stormer

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 12:35:30 AM »
I found that you can change the theme to the original one in the board settings. :)

Here the link to the Forum:
http://www.roguedatabase.net/forums
I'm new there too.  ;)

Edit: You can submit rogue software through the forum.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:58:06 PM by pranaygtr »

Eclipsed

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 02:51:54 AM »
Screenshots look nice - I might think about using this for a reference.  A question where is the data gathered from ?

Hey Essexboy (recognize me from G2G?) this is my site.  I have gathered my data from places like bleepingcomputer, lavasoft and other sites around the internet.  Wikipedia also for the description of the rogues.  The info should all be correct and if not I would love for corrections and comments. 

The rogue list is from findings of those in the private rogue submission forums and my visiting of sites like lavasoft, bleepingcomputer and the like.  If I see a rogue that isn't on the list I add it.

Also, I recommend that anyone with samples submit malware on the submissions page.  It will help Avast out too  ;D

I am happy to answer any questions anyone has.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 03:29:43 AM »
Hi Eclipsed, welcome to the forums.

Any chance of having the RogurDl.php page just have the listings without having to load all the images, this is very heavy when on dial-up. With any associated images either on another page or perhaps a link from the rogues name to its image.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Eclipsed

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 04:59:12 AM »
You see, I didn't expect dialup users so I didn't really think about making things load fast.  But it is my goal to try to make everyone happy so I will look into the options and see what I can do about putting the gallery on a different page  :)

Eclipsed

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 05:25:03 AM »
Please check the site now.  It should be much more to the liking of your connection.

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 06:27:44 AM »
Hi Eclipsed

have you thought about some way of indicating where a rogue name is identical to a legit product name?
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

CharleyO

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 07:59:38 AM »

Please check the site now.  It should be much more to the liking of your connection.

Nice upgrade to the site, Eclipsed ... even the gallery page loads quicker now.    :D

(I am also on dial-up)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »
You see, I didn't expect dialup users so I didn't really think about making things load fast.  But it is my goal to try to make everyone happy so I will look into the options and see what I can do about putting the gallery on a different page  :)

Thanks very much, you would be surprised just how many live in locations that don't have broadband available. Much better, where we can visit quickly to check out the list for reference.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 04:57:45 PM by DavidR »

Hermite15

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 05:06:21 PM »
very good site Eclipsed, might indeed be used as a reference; also the screen shot gallery is a good idea ;) ...don't know if you're on your own doing that, but this must be time consuming, thanks for the effort.

Eclipsed

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 07:44:30 PM »
Thanks very much, you would be surprised just how many live in locations that don't have broadband available. Much better, where we can visit quickly to check out the list for reference.
Trust me, I am completely aware of that ;)  Broadband just became available here just over a year ago.

have you thought about some way of indicating where a rogue name is identical to a legit product name?
Yes, I can add notations if a rogue name is the same as a legit product :)