Author Topic: Google, Citing Attack, Threatens to Exit China [FIXED :) ]  (Read 54405 times)

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
Re: Google, Citing Attack, Threatens to Exit China
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2010, 12:30:50 PM »
I think that ,

The governments should not get involved in our choice of choosing a web browser whether it is Chrome, Firefox or IE....

Hermite15

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2010, 12:34:48 PM »
I think that ,

The governments should not get involved in our choice of choosing a web browser whether it is Chrome, Firefox or IE....

why do you post this here and now ? I know it's been mentioned that France, England and Germany advised to stop using Internet Explorer, and I posted about that myself, but not this morning, so why do you refer to it now ?

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2010, 01:15:46 PM »
Hi Logos,

British government stays loyal to IE in spite of the unpatched hole, because to leave IE would give a false feeling of security as they say, and because all applications can be hacked in the end with enough effort by the attackers. The danger for the normal user is minimal, heap spray or no heap spray... People that come up with questions about IE's safety there are being forwarded to: http://www.getsafeonline.org/
There might be an out-of-band patch, but again there is nothing to worry about, also with all the usb-sticks lost - no worries whatsoever - business as usual... have faith in BlueE,

polonus

Hermite15

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2010, 01:23:53 PM »
OK that's what I meant, about 5 days ago  ;D

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2010, 01:28:24 PM »
I am reading it today...that is why   :P

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
China Hacks Inspire Copycats

Malicious hackers have begun using the recent cyberattacks against Google and more than 30 other companies as lures for launching even more targeted attacks, security firm F-Secure said in a blog post today.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/187534/china_hacks_inspire_copycats.html

Botnets: "The Democratization of Espionage"

http://www.csoonline.com/article/521619/Botnets_The_Democratization_of_Espionage_

Hermite15

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2010, 01:33:00 PM »
I am reading it today...that is why   :P

yeah but if you don't quote it it looks weird  ::) nevermind  ;)

also:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9144221/Google_attack_part_of_widespread_spying_effort
By Robert McMillan
January 13, 2010 05:37 AM ET
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 01:41:59 PM by Logos »

Hermite15

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2010, 11:44:43 AM »

Hermite15

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2010, 01:33:36 PM »
nice  ;D
Gates backs China in Google censorship spat
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01/27/gates_backs_china_google_censorship/

In an interview Monday with ABC  television, Gates shrugged off China's repressive online policies as simply part of doing business in a foreign country. He pointed to censorship laws in Germany that forbid pro-Nazi statements which would be protected as free speech in the United States.

“And so you have got to decide, do you want to obey the laws of the countries you are in or not. If not, you may not end up doing business there,” Gates said.

Gates might be or have been a brilliant coder and businessman, but that's just about it obviously. The guy is showing there once again his intellectual limits. What he said is not just disgusting, but extremely stupid, especially the bit with the comparison with Germany  ::) ...not even commenting that he's praising the unlimited acceptance of anything in the US >>>> "Stormfront"  :D ... and by the way Mr Gates, neo-nazi sites are forbidden in France too  ;)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:38:04 PM by Logos »

Hermite15

« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »
waking up that thread a minute  ;D
Google to enlist NSA to fight off cyberattacks
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35231454/ns/technology_and_science-washington_post/

The world's largest Internet search company and the world's most powerful electronic surveillance organization are teaming up in the name of cybersecurity.

Under an agreement that is still being finalized, the National Security Agency would help Google analyze a major corporate espionage attack that the firm said originated in China and targeted its computer networks, according to cybersecurity experts familiar with the matter. The objective is to better defend Google — and its users — from future attack.

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2010, 04:55:50 PM »
Hm...the reason for why china hacked google...I think it is because google was spying china right?(sorry I haven't read all the post).
And as google found in china there are chinese people who work there also and I guess when google was doing bad things one of these chinese worker got the info about that and reported that to the police and the government was also alerted and...so they decided to hack google don't you think this is the reason ???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:54:34 PM by The Magician Of The Silver Sky »

Hermite15

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2010, 08:08:02 PM »
Hm...the reason for why china hacked google...I think it is because google was spying china right?(sorry I haven't read all the post).
And as google found in china there is chinese people who works there also and I guess when google was doing bad things one of these chinese worker got the info about that and reported that to the police and the government was also alerted and...so they decided to hack google don't you think this is the reason ???

YES thanks for posting, now we have a more precise picture of what happened, yes of course  :D

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2010, 02:19:45 PM »
Hi malware fighters,

We now know that Google stayed. Slowly but surely the attacker's code markers are giving away who is responsible for Aurora. See this analysis: http://www.hbgary.com/wp-content/themes/blackhat/images/hbgthreatreport_aurora.pdf

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »
@logos:Glad that it was able to help^^

Hermite15

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »