Author Topic: Panda Antivirus  (Read 12519 times)

abedgb

Panda Antivirus
« on: June 19, 2004, 12:09:46 AM »
found virus in pav.sig

techie101

Re:Panda Antivirus
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 12:39:36 AM »
abe,

How did you determine that is a virus in PAV.sig ?  The file you mentioned as you will discover, is a signature file (virus definitions) in PAV (Panda Anti Virus) which Panda does not configure in a standard manner.

If you scanned it using another AV such as Avast, one or more of its' files might show as virus infected which we refer to as false positives.

Techie
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 12:41:03 AM by Techie101 »

Negeltu

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 12:42:39 AM »
It is a problem with the way the virus signature files are implemented in Panda...  it isn't really a virus.  Don't worry :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 01:03:16 AM »
found virus in pav.sig

Panda does not encrypt its own signature files  >:(  :(
Shame on Panda  :P
The best things in life are free.

c0Ld

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 04:53:22 AM »
Panda stinks. It messed up my entire computer. I had to use system restore and delete several registry enteries in able to fix it back up. Panda also has ALOT of bugs in it's software. The thing is the next norton  ::)

Kobra

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 05:36:54 AM »
Heres my take on Panda..

Don't install it unless you favor a hard drive format.  Panda installs devices and services as the system level, and they are not removed by the uninstaller, and they will always haunt you when you try to run another AV.

Secondly, Panda doesn't encrypt their definition files, so every AV and AT app on the planet things your infected if you ever try to run something else.

I say avoid this one, and besides, Avast has better unpacker/archiver support, and nearly as good detection ratings.. No reason to run Panda at all.  Plus, Panda has a newb interface with no options.

shgoh

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 06:32:34 AM »
found virus in pav.sig

Panda does not encrypt its own signature files  >:(  :(
Shame on Panda  :P

seriously!

abedgb

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 12:04:07 AM »
I used it since 6 month on win 2000 Pro and remove it and no problem have, the ver is Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.06.00  :D
and I scanned it using another AV such as Protector Plus 2000 (http://www.pspl.com) with latest update and no virus found just Avast found  ???

Stephan123

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 10:34:00 PM »
Avast has Unique heuristics and it is a false postive and it is Panda's Fault

Staind

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 05:04:09 AM »
Panda does have one thing over Avast! and I think it's pretty big.  That big, cute Panda in the system tray! I've thought about installing it purely for that reason alone! Someone needs to develop a skin with Panda's man, I'm serious.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 11:23:28 AM »
Hehe ask S.Z.Craftec for Panda skin ;) (i mean the animal,not trademark :) )
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Staind

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2004, 04:56:10 PM »
Hehe ask S.Z.Craftec for Panda skin ;) (i mean the animal,not trademark :) )
I will pm him ;) although maybe he has read this thread already.  It would be neat though if Panda AV sued Avast! for copyright infringement.

Oh, Rejzor: your avast external control is a life saver.  avast! should consider implementing it into the full program...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 04:56:43 PM by Staind »

azazelka

Re: Panda Antivirus
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 12:53:16 PM »
Sometimes some smart virus specially infect antivirus software files on server. Try to download Panda Antivirus from safe site (http://www.softdownloadz.com/Panda-Antivirus-Platinum-Download-3481.htm - for example)