Author Topic: Does Avast Professional Edition have Intrusion Prevention feature?  (Read 4886 times)

ragz4ragz

Hi All,

I am looking for an Antivirus product for my home PC. I use an unsecure private broadband connection, due to which my computer is succeptible to attacks from Viruses on other computers in the network. I am currently using Norton Antivisus 90 day Trial Version license copy. Anytime if my computer's security is being compromised by computers on the Internet service proivder's network, Norton shows a pop up message stating "An intrusion attempt by "IP Address"/"Computer Name(IP Address)" was blocked.Application Path SYSTEM."

So please let me know whether Avast 4.0 Professional(Not Free Home Version) has this feature of Intrusion Prevention or not. And also I have heard about Avast 5.0 soon to be released. So would this new version will have Intrusion prevention feature.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
Re: Does Avast Professional Edition have Intrusion Prevention feature?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 07:45:58 AM »
Hi Rag,

Does you mean HIPS?
Currently avast doesn't have this feature yet, but instead of that avast have network shield and webshield (avast 4.8 & 5).
And also for avast version 5 will include behavior shield, virtualization, Firewall and Antispam.

So it would be save with avast.

Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

ragz4ragz

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:06:50 AM »
Hi,

I did not get your last statement. Can I be safe with Avast 5.0 while using an unsecure broadband service which is shared among many local users by the service provider. Viruses on the other users systems try to attack my computer but norton prevents it. Would Avast be able to do the same?

Please clarify.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 03:53:31 AM »
Hi there,

If you share only with LAN and unauthorized mobile user doesn't involved in your system.
Avast possible to protect your system, you may use avast 5 internet security which is already have firewall to protect Ddos/dos attacks from other clients.
You may download the trial version of avast 5.0 internet security to implement at one of your clients and do the attacks within.

But instead of that if you clients mixed with unauthorized mobile user, i more prefer if you have gateway protection in your gateway beside desktop AV.
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya