Author Topic: Suspicious File Found!  (Read 12674 times)

pinnacle

Re: Suspicious File Found!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 06:02:14 PM »
Glad you are fine and glad to assist

YoKenny

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2010, 02:06:34 AM »
Glad you are fine and glad to assist

As Misuzu is still running XP SP 2 then I'll quote a famous line from a movie: ;D
I'll be back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTx9WMsxLLM

Offline Misuzu

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2010, 10:11:14 PM »
Alright, my computer did it again.

"Suspicious File Found!" but it's the same "mbamswissarmy.sys" file. I thought I added it to Avast's exclusions. But after updating my computer's Service Pack it said Avast was turned off. After the service pack update my computer does flash white once after it goes to the desktop after I turn it on though, it never did this before, but it does and used to flash black, I think that's okay? Anyway, This isn't a infection/virus/malware right? It's just Avast mistaking it for malware?
Is Avast really turned off? I doubt it. If it is though, how do I turn it back on?

I just clicked "Ignore" and check marked the box that said "Do not tell me about this file in the future".
Did I do the right thing?  :P

I should be fine, right? The white flashs on my screen should be... Okay too?
Thanks!

EDIT: Okay I checked out my Avast's Exclusions and the exact same file is still under the exclusions... Why does Avast warn me about this file then? Maybe it's because I updated MBAM?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:16:01 PM by Misuzu »
|  Free Avast!   |  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Both up-to-date) |

ritha11

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 10:58:36 PM »
Hello,

I'm having trouble with nm2.exe which is malware apparently.

Avast! has not detected it and I'm getting more and more worried about the way it slows down my computer. Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks,
Rita

Offline Misuzu

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2010, 06:18:23 AM »
Did I do the right thing by asking Avast to ignore the file and "Do not tell me about this file in the future"?

I read where someone said that check marking it to not tell you about the "Suspicious File" in the future could be a dangerous option?

I did add it to Avast's Exclusions but apparently that didn't work. Maybe that's because I updated my service pack or something... Weirdly, the "Suspicious File" pop-up happened twice at the same time as last week almost. That doesn't mean anything, right?

Sorry for being so paranoid, but mbamswissarmy.sys is a MBAM and safe file, right?
Just making sure so I don't have to worry about my computer being virused.  ;)

@ritha11: Welcome to the forums. And I'm not a malware expert, far from it. But MBAM does seem to work good for me from what I can tell. Do you have MBAM? It's helped me get rid of a few viruses/malware. Maybe it can help you?

Sorry I can't be more of a help. Good luck with your malware problem.  :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:20:20 AM by Misuzu »
|  Free Avast!   |  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Both up-to-date) |