Author Topic: Ok, I have installed Avast 4 SBS. What now?  (Read 3977 times)

punar

Ok, I have installed Avast 4 SBS. What now?
« on: January 15, 2010, 10:52:36 AM »
I have purchased Avast 4 SBS with 6 licences, and installed Avast SBS on the server. What's the next step now? How do I get Avast onto the clients? Do I:
* Download Avast Pro and install on each client and they will automatically recognize that they have a licence throught the server? or
* Is there som program or utility installed with Avast SBS on the server that I need to deploy Avast on the clients?
* Or anything else?

punar

Re: Ok, I have installed Avast 4 SBS. What now?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:26:48 PM »
I got the answer for Avast Support. It went in to my Outlook spamfilter due to the two links in it :( so I didn't notice.

In case anyone wonders it's all about installing the Avast! Distributed Network Manager
http://www.avast.com/eng/adnm.html

Documentation for avast! Distributed Network Manager
http://files.avast.com/files/datasheets/adnm-eng.pdf

Modified. The above solution is wrong.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:14:14 AM by punar »

punar

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »
...Except no... The licence file is not valid for Avast! Distributed Network Manager.
So the solution presented to me from Avast was wrong  ???

So that leaves me with the original question. Once avast! 4 SBS Standard Suite is installed on the server, what do I do next?

punar

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 11:25:03 AM »
Finally I found the reason for my problem.

I have purchased and installed the Avast! 4 SBS Edition Standard which is the Server protection only.
I should have purchased the Avast! 4 SBS Standard Suite which is for server and clients.

Seems I'm not the only one, because there are colored warning when you try to purchase the version I have bought  :-\