Author Topic: New User with some questions  (Read 1767 times)

topiogigio

New User with some questions
« on: January 18, 2010, 10:28:09 AM »
I just installed 4.8 Home Edition today and can't seem to find any user interface. I have Zone Alarm and got a message during installation about something that doesn't work with ZA but can't remember what it was! I don't know how to start a scan or anything else. And I had set up a folder with a couple of Word docs I had copied some of the messages that popped up during installation but now when I try to open that folder, I get the Search menu. What's happening?

cedang

Re: New User with some questions
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »
Hi
I am a new user and when i have things that don't work right. I just delete it and  reload it. Try doing that. 8)
cedang

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: New User with some questions
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 08:43:28 PM »
The problem with ZA right now is that the free version will install the Pro trial unless the user unchecked the option in the installation of the free version. So the user downloads the free version but end up with a pro trial with all its features and avast shows the ZA Pro compatibility popup.
In this case, answer YES. If you choose NO with the Privacy function of the pro trial installed, you could experience problems with logons.

More info:  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=1647.msg15960#msg15960
The best things in life are free.