Author Topic: Any news of an update soon?!  (Read 7207 times)

VirtuaMcPolygon

Any news of an update soon?!
« on: December 05, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »
I'm running the latest OSX version in 10.6

I know avast! is currently broken with 10.6. Any news of a beta ?! or update soon. I've been trying to forget the persistent loading of it but it's really getting on my nerves now! :(

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Any news of an update soon?!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 05:39:36 AM »
Persistent Loading? What do you mean by this? You can uncheck "Launch on Startup as a persistent Application" in the avast preferences to disable the persistent behavior.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 12:51:24 PM »
I'm running the latest OSX version in 10.6

I know avast! is currently broken with 10.6. Any news of a beta ?! or update soon. I've been trying to forget the persistent loading of it but it's really getting on my nerves now! :(

Yes, beta with automatic incremental updates of both VPS & engine and some enhancements is working OK on my computer and would be ready for public in few days (I hope). Unfortunately, last build had problems on old good 10.4 (modification for 10.6's side-effect). Ah, that Apple's compatibility.

this is apple's style in a nutshell:
1) tell to all that this is the standard
2) change it
3) goto 1

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

VirtuaMcPolygon

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 11:29:51 PM »
Thanks for the update.

I hope it's soon. Most of the time it's not causing an issue. But when OSX cannot install updates due to Avast won't unload it's self and errors out installer system restarts it's getting to be an issue :(

Fingers xxx it will be out by jan.

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 01:06:37 PM »
Thanks for the update.

I hope it's soon. Most of the time it's not causing an issue. But when OSX cannot install updates due to Avast won't unload it's self and errors out installer system restarts it's getting to be an issue :(

Fingers xxx it will be out by jan.

Now i'm waiting for the fixed build. Who wants the current as-is, it's available too (but, few cmdline tweaks are necessary to get things fixed and running right). Or, wait couple of days for next package...

automatic vps update and engine update on the fly works ok, as it seems.

regards,
pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

DarkClown

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 01:08:15 AM »
What is this problem about?
I have Avast running on 10.6 and have seen no problems of any kind.

VirtuaMcPolygon

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 01:07:10 AM »
Try closing the application...  :P

The main issue is installing other apps or other updates. It makes the mac fail to restart.

Also the scan window thats always on the desktop is getting on my nerves.

Please post a beta at least to fix this or i will be asking for my money back. I brought something that is broken!  :-\