Author Topic: BV:AutoRun-S [WRM]?  (Read 13155 times)

Ken M.

BV:AutoRun-S [WRM]?
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:10:01 AM »
When I put in my J drive, Avast On-Scanner protection pops up a warning dialogue stating it has detected a worm/virus. 1/18/2010 5:02:12 PM   SYSTEM   1236   Sign of "BV:AutoRun-S [Wrm]" has been found in "J:\autorun.inf" file. When I  choose delete, I get a dialogue that says "avast! Access Denied, the file name J:\autorun.inf could not be found. The same goes for when I try to move to chest. I then removed the J drive, and ran a thorough scan with no results. I then put the J drive back with no warnings at all. I also ran a scan on the J drive and got nothing. After restarting my computer, I got the same warning message again. I'm not technical at all, and I'm only 16 so mind any spelling mistakes :-\ Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: BV:AutoRun-S [WRM]?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 01:08:23 AM »
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 01:23:16 AM by Pondus »

Ken M.

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 02:01:07 AM »
While trying to install Flash Disinfector, Windows Dialogue appears saying the program failed to install correctly. It had an option to install using recommended setting, which I used, but nothing happened. I'm using a Windows 7 64-bit OS if that may be the problem.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Ken M.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 02:29:57 AM »
As recommended, I used the McAfee USB-Drive AV 64 bit. No threats were detected on my J drive, and the avast warning never appeared either like it did before. I'm leaning toward a false positive right now, unless it already got on my computer somewhere. Doing another thorough scan just to be safe. Thanks for the help.