Author Topic: Is Avast! 5.0 an official release?  (Read 4028 times)

GreGambler

Is Avast! 5.0 an official release?
« on: February 14, 2010, 01:16:21 AM »
Hello!

I'm proud Avast! 4.8 Pro user. My questions:
1) Is Avast! 5.0 official release or it's still beta version? Sorry for silly question, but I can't find the answer on the website/forum.
2) If Avast! 5.0 is official release, how I can smoothly upgrade from ver. 4.8 to 5.0?

My system is Vista Home Premium x64 with Outpost Firewall Free,

Thanks for help. Greetings :)

hvbharath

Re: Is Avast! 5.0 an official release?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 01:23:35 AM »
yes

YoKenny

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 02:04:24 AM »
@ GreGambler

Avast! Version 5.0 is here!!!
http://blog.avast.com/2010/01/19/avast-version-5-0-is-here

How to uninstall our software using aswClear.exe:
http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Jack 1000

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:17:55 AM »
Hello!

1) Is Avast! 5.0 official release or it's still beta version? Sorry for silly question, but I can't find the answer on the website/forum.
2) If Avast! 5.0 is official release, how I can smoothly upgrade from ver. 4.8 to 5.0?

Yes,

Avast 5 is official and WONDERFUL!!!

However, you are strongly recommended to completely uninstall version 4.8 from Add/Remove Programs before you install version 5.  Version 5 is so different and improved that the people who have had trouble often times are trying to install over 4.8.  Don't install over 4.8.  Remove 4.8 than install Version 5.

After the install, you must register the product.  About 30 seconds after Avast updates, open the program, click on Maintenance, fill out the form and register.  After clicking submit, your license key is already entered into the program!  (No wait for e-mail.)  You are protected for 12 months.  When that time nears expiration, just repeat the registration process.  If you need to reinstall Avast, you must also repeat the registration process.

Jack

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 07:51:46 AM »
Hello!

How is possible that you can't see the new website? Are you blind? Yes, it is a silly question
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Sgt.Schumann

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »
I installed avast! 5.0 directly over the exisiting 4.8 installation without any problems on two machines. One was XP SP3 and the other Vista 64bit.
The installation ran very (incredible) fast and smoothly.

As i see the installation process, the version 5 installer correctly uninstalls the 4.8 installation during installation. Am I wrong?  :-\

GreGambler

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 03:30:35 PM »
Thanks a lot for your answers.