Author Topic: Me too, norton found avast did not  (Read 3831 times)

patmac

Me too, norton found avast did not
« on: June 19, 2004, 02:49:08 PM »
Trj named JS/Exploit-DialogArg found after fax failed to open. Re-try with Avast! but not found for second time.
How do I remove it? :-\

whocares

Re:Me too, norton found avast did not
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 04:45:59 PM »
Hi,

what WIN do you have ? Are all ServicePacks and Windowsupdates applied ?

Where exactly was the infected File found (full path/folder/filename, e.g. c:\Windows\system32\virusfile.exe) ?

test the file with OnlineScanners e.g. from Trend, RAV & KAV (see below) to get a more specific name
(you may need to temporarily pause AV-Resident Shield/Monitor/Guard to be able to scan the file online)

P.S.: This seems like a McAfee-Detection, not Norton:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99763.htm

;)

sevenblu

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 09:44:45 PM »
How is it possible that you run Norton and Avast antivirus on one drive without unistalling and re-installing to check your PC...?

These posts are confusing to me.  Please explain how you are using both progs at once?

Kobra

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 12:29:10 AM »
The very nature of having Norton and Avast installed on the same PC makes this totally irrelevant if you ask me. They both conflict, namely because Norton takes over your entire PC from the systems level.

patmac

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 10:28:46 AM »
Firstly thanks for replies and apols. for mistake, it was McAfee not Norton: paused Avast and used McAfee's free scan. And for lack of information, so...
have W2000 pro, updates ok, location :
c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\install.htm (HTML Document 395 bytes)
Trend did not pick it up either.
McAfee removal via  ??? 'engine and DAT files' not feasible for this novice, any simple removal instructions valued!

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 03:23:28 PM »
what about the new F-Secure scanner http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay