Author Topic: *** Advice&Tools for virus/trojan/malware Removal & Prevention***  (Read 285003 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: *** Advice&Tools for virus/trojan/malware Removal & Prevention***
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 04:55:09 PM »
Rude, I think not, you are reading into it something other than I intended, the clutter relates to the originators wish not to clutter up was was supposed an informative not discussion topic (hense the quoted text). This was exactly what it was turning into, with yours, Bob's and my posts, nothing sinister or rude in that.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Lusher

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 05:03:17 PM »
Rude, I think not, you are reading into it something other than I intended, the clutter relates to the originators wish not to clutter up was was supposed an informative not discussion topic (hense the quoted text). This was exactly what it was turning into, with yours, Bob's and my posts, nothing sinister or rude in that.

The "go back to bed" part is what made it rude. Whatever clearly you don't want to admit it. I'm not going to press you on it.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 05:07:16 PM »
Meaning the topic can go back to slumber/bed where it had been for some considerable time.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

armykitty04

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 11:10:59 AM »
The "go back to bed" part is what made it rude. Whatever clearly you don't want to admit it. I'm not going to press you on it.

My god, Lusher, some of us actually want to read useful topics. Stop acting like a noob and get over it. You're cluttering the posts with the arguing.

Now, how do I get the VBS:Malware [Script] out of my msn account? Avast only picked it up when I tried to view my e-mails. I did a full system scan with Avast and AVG and my pc is clean. Just to be on the safe side, I used Ad-ware and the Window Washer to clean my pc of all the junk our wonderful net piles up on it.. then I ran the scans again and still nothing. But when I get into my account I get the pop up saying that the virus is still there. I have no way of removing it, that I know of. Any suggestions?

Lusher

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 01:12:34 PM »

My god, Lusher, some of us actually want to read useful topics. Stop acting like a noob and get over it. You're cluttering the posts with the arguing.

LOL, you are the one acting like a noob, clutterin this thread by posting your problems  here!

Start a new thread, and I will tell what to do.

Splinter hell

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 05:35:22 AM »
Does Avast home and professional use the same scan engine and repair engine against malware or does Avast professional have better scanning engine and repair engine.

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2008, 05:40:03 AM »
They are the same. Here is a comparison between the two: http://www.avast.com/eng/av4_version_comp.html

pablitoaimar

What should I do?
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2008, 11:35:24 AM »
Hi Pavel,

I just scanned my notebook (running Windows XP Home with SP2) with avast! 4.7 Home Edition (great!!) and found the following:
Hi, my avast! Home 4.7 (manual scan) found the following and I, out of fear, just deleted it only to find out I should have not done so. What should I do now?

A0068312.dll - C:\System Volume Information\_restore{68DCCD3E-2073-4915-A5DC-A445A55876AD}\RP288

Win32:Trojan-gen {Other}

The suggested action was to move it to the "chest", which I did at first before deciding to delete it. I'm wondering what else to do now?

Thank you very much for your time and help.

All the best,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 01:16:17 PM »
What should I do now?
Open a new thread where you we can deal with your problem only.

A0068312.dll - C:\System Volume Information\_restore{68DCCD3E-2073-4915-A5DC-A445A55876AD}\RP288
Disable System Restore and reenable it again will delete the infected restore points.
The best things in life are free.

whitefox723

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »
Avast has found Win32:kuang2 in C:\systemvolume_restore.I moved it to the chest and then on next scan a week later it found it in C:\pagefile.sys.Again went to the chest.
What is it?How do i remove it thoroughly?

Thanks

Di

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »
The pagefile.sys should be excluded from scans by default, what type of scan where you doing ?

You don't say what the malware name was for the detection in the pagefile.sys file ?

If you can create a new topic in the Viruses & Worms forum and answer the above questions in that, we will help you there. This topic is instructional only, or it will get side tracked from it original purpose.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 05:05:31 PM »
How do i remove it thoroughly?
I suggest:

1. Disable System Restore and reenable it after step 3.
2. Clean your temporary files.
3. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on.
4. Use SUPERantispyware and/or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete than.
5. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
6. Make a HijackThis log to post here or, better, submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster or Windows Advanced Care.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.

orysia

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 12:12:13 AM »
infected with the Win32:TratBHO [trj]. Please Help =]
Thank you in advance.

I attached the combofix log.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 12:58:43 AM »
infected with the Win32:TratBHO [trj]. Please Help =]
Thank you in advance.

I attached the combofix log.
Please, don't post twice the same: follow http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=35140.msg295203#msg295203

flyingct

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 06:07:47 AM »
SO excited for the first time to be here!