Author Topic: *** Advice&Tools for virus/trojan/malware Removal & Prevention***  (Read 285289 times)

Offline evilclown

Re: *** Advice&Tools for virus/trojan/malware Removal & Prevention***
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »
Please help!!!! My pc has been infected with A360 virus, and I cannot browse the internet since A360 pop-ups kept blocking my internet access. I run spybot search and destroy and spyware blaster. After completing the process and re-boot the system, the message box stating "cannot find dll32" showed. And once I browsed the web, WEBPAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED displayed the screen... eventhough I have an excellent wi-fi connection. Please advice what is the possible cause and how to resolve this problem.... Im using windows xp and wi-fi internet connection.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2009, 03:36:07 PM »
Please help!!!! My pc has been infected with A360 virus, and I cannot browse the internet since A360 pop-ups kept blocking my internet access. I run spybot search and destroy and spyware blaster. After completing the process and re-boot the system, the message box stating "cannot find dll32" showed. And once I browsed the web, WEBPAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED displayed the screen... eventhough I have an excellent wi-fi connection. Please advice what is the possible cause and how to resolve this problem.... Im using windows xp and wi-fi internet connection.
It would be good if you start a new thread for you.
Did avast detect the virus or not?

I suggest:

1. Clean your temporary files.
2. Schedule a boot time scanning with avast with archive scanning turned on. If avast does not detect it, you can try DrWeb CureIT! instead.
3. Use SUPERantispyware, MBAM or Spyware Terminator to scan for spywares and trojans. If any infection is detected, better and safer is send the file to Quarantine than to simple delete them.
4. Test your machine with anti-rootkit applications. I suggest avast! antirootkit or Trend Micro RootkitBuster.
5. Make a HijackThis log to post here or this analysis site. Or even submit the RunScanner log to to on-line analysis.
6. Disable System Restore and then reenable it again.
7. Immunize your system with SpywareBlaster.
8. Check if you have insecure applications with Secunia Software Inspector.
The best things in life are free.

sandeepsharma

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2009, 06:25:14 AM »
MY COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY, WHEN I ATTACH ANY PEN DRIVE, I-POD OR MOBILE IT SHOWS BV:AutoRun-G[Wrm] plz help me out of this virus, my e-mail id is sunnysandeepsharma@yahoo.co.in

CharleyO

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2009, 06:33:33 AM »

Welcome to the forums, sandeepsharma.   :)

It would be better if you posted in the Virus section of the forum at the link below :

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=4.0

Click on the New Topic button near the top right of the page.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2009, 02:29:35 PM »
MY COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY, WHEN I ATTACH ANY PEN DRIVE, I-POD OR MOBILE IT SHOWS BV:AutoRun-G[Wrm] plz help me out of this virus, my e-mail id is sunnysandeepsharma@yahoo.co.in
1. Follow my suggestions just right above.
2. It's better open a new thread for your specific trouble.
3. Try FlashDisinfector (search the forum or Google to find it).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2009, 03:49:34 PM »
MY COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING PROPERLY, WHEN I ATTACH ANY PEN DRIVE, I-POD OR MOBILE IT SHOWS BV:AutoRun-G[Wrm] plz help me out of this virus, my e-mail id is sunnysandeepsharma (at) yahoo (dot)co (dot)in

I would suggest either removing or modifying your email address unless you particularly like spam. This is a publicly available web sithe so it could be harvested by a spambot.

Flash Drive Disinfector
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from >here< and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
  • The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
  • Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
  • Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

Also see this link for more information on Flash Disinfector, http://experi3nc3.wordpress.com/2007/05/10/flash-disinfector-by-subs/
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

redmakka

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 12:49:10 AM »
A interesting thread indeed. Appreciate the info  :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 12:56:59 AM »
Lots more in the forums where that came from, welcome to the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

redmakka

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 01:08:56 AM »
Lots more in the forums where that came from, welcome to the forums.

Thank You David. I was told about avast the free version by a family member. Was using mcafee which I got free as part of my broadband deal and what a joke that was. i thought i was protected but realised i was not. I cannot believe how good avast is  ;D

go4broke

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2009, 07:43:40 AM »
Looking for advice on a WinBlueSoft problem i seemed to have picked up...

Running the trial version of Avast 4.8 at the moment, but has not fixed my problem thus far. I may have made the mistake of uninstalling the WinBlueSoft software after I realized what it was. Even after, the pain in the ass desktop annoyances continue. Going to try the Boot Scan and hopefully this will kill it...?

Is there anything I can do if it doesn't?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2009, 02:42:05 PM »
Looking for advice on a WinBlueSoft problem i seemed to have picked up...

Running the trial version of Avast 4.8 at the moment, but has not fixed my problem thus far. I may have made the mistake of uninstalling the WinBlueSoft software after I realized what it was. Even after, the pain in the ass desktop annoyances continue. Going to try the Boot Scan and hopefully this will kill it...?

Is there anything I can do if it doesn't?
Better would be starting your own thread for this trouble, rather than using an old one.

Chisomiloks

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2009, 07:37:30 AM »
I need help with a virus called win32 : vitro. Can avast help me out.Pls it is killin me.thanx

cinchez

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2009, 08:34:10 AM »
I need help with a virus called win32 : vitro. Can avast help me out.Pls it is killin me.thanx

Pls create a thread for ur own problem at the virus/worms section^^

Thanks^^

-AnimeLover^^

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
Vitro is a very dangerous file infector. Backup your files and data as soon as you can.
You will, probably, have to format your drive and even use fdisk (to overwrite partition data).

Chisomiloks

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2009, 02:47:32 PM »
Vitro is a very dangerous file infector. Backup your files and data as soon as you can.
You will, probably, have to format your drive and even use fdisk (to overwrite partition data).
Can win32 : vitro be removed by avast & can system recovery help me