Author Topic: *** Advice&Tools for virus/trojan/malware Removal & Prevention***  (Read 285006 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: *** Advice&Tools for virus/trojan/malware Removal & Prevention***
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2009, 04:23:17 PM »
Please do as suggested this topic isn't for individual problems but as a general advice on malware removal.

- Please start a New Topic of your own as this seems unrelated to the original purpose of this topic and will just confuse the topic and we will try to help. 
- Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the Viruses and Worms forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

YoKenny

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2009, 11:12:24 PM »
I need help with a virus called win32 : vitro. Can avast help me out.Pls it is killin me.thanx
Vitro is a very dangerous file infector. Backup your files and data as soon as you can.
You will, probably, have to format your drive and even use fdisk (to overwrite partition data).
Can win32 : vitro be removed by avast & can system recovery help me

The best help is either remove the hard drive and scan it in an un-infected system and failing that backup all data then FORMAT the hard drive and install Windows:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=43863.0

boemiki

« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2009, 02:40:02 PM »
Hi all. I have a problem. I got AntiVirus PRO 2010 and it shut down avast home other programs it shut down are (Hi JackThis, Malwarebytes). So far I try everthing I can think of is there any help for me or do I have to reinstall windows???

YoKenny

« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »
Hi all. I have a problem. I got AntiVirus PRO 2010 and it shut down avast home other programs it shut down are (Hi JackThis, Malwarebytes). So far I try everthing I can think of is there any help for me or do I have to reinstall windows???

NOTE: If Malwarebytes won't run or HijackThis won't run please still create a new post in the Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs forum and explain what happens:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Its quite busy there but an expert will be along to help you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2009, 02:55:49 PM »

Please do as suggested in my post two above yours, and create your own new topic and we will try and help.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

sbmccabe

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2009, 06:12:02 PM »
Any advise on how I stop the warning message from coming up and overtaking my computer? I keep getting a warning telling me I have a trojan horse but I have tried NUMEROUS times to send it to the chest or delete and it keeps telling me the file cannot be found. The warning is stopping me from doing anything else online!

spg SCOTT

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2009, 06:16:11 PM »
Hi sbmccabe,

Please do as suggested at the top of the page (Reply #60) and start a new thread. It will make it easier for someone to help you.

When you do, please include the filename, the full path, and the detection. This will help those that help you.

Also include your system specs and what programs you have already tried using so far.

Thanks,

-Scott-

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »
Hello sbmccabe,

please start a new topic in this forum : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=4.0

how to post a new topic ? : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?action=help;page=post#newtopic

ccitech

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 02:20:51 AM »
Hello,

I am a new user and trying to get used to the site so excuse me if I have posted in the wrong thread. 
The personal anti-virus trojan is killing me.  I have a computer (and have had others), when infected, I can not get them cleaned.  I have installed Malwarebytes', Spybot and Avast. When I do, the program lauches, acts like it is going to run and then disappears.  I have tried renaming the .exe files and get an Access is denied or is not a valid 32 bit application.  Tried using the .exe /developer back door.  Using ERD Commander I have gone through and cleaned the policies and run program under Current_User and Local_Machine.  Now the drive does not show up...  I was able to run a boot time scan and Avast does not pick up ANYTHING!  I have come to my wits end not to mention the end of my technical knowledge.  Please assist.  Unable to run HiJack This, access Control Panel, Regedit and now MSCONFIG.

PLEASE ASSIST.

Thank you,
CCITECH
T

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2009, 02:25:07 AM »
Please follow the instructions in the post at the top of this page for creating your own new topic in the viruses and worms forum.

macmomma08

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2009, 02:46:34 AM »
Hello

I have Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, Malwarebytes and Avast!

I have read decent things about Super Anti Spyware & Spyware Blaster & Spyware Doctor, but I have also read some bad things.

I would like it if some people on the Avast forums could let me know if they've tried those three and how their results were, particularly on 64bit Vista, as I like to have as many Anti Spyware as possible.

Honestly, Super Anti-Spyware's name makes me hesitant, I guess that's silly but I just want confirmation from some other people that they have used these programs with no problems. I read some particularly disturbing things about Spyware Doctor on Wikipedia, which is weird because PCMag seems to say they are great.

In short since I'm always on the lookout for new AntiSpyware, can a few people give me the 411 on these? I would really like to know if they have caused any problems, system crashes, or downright maliciousness.

Just want to make certain there is water in the pool before I jump in :)

Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2009, 03:55:31 AM »
Aside from this being an old topic, it isn't for discussing specific questions so if you can please create your own topic in the General forum (http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1.0) then we can try to help there.

qqq777777

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2009, 07:14:36 PM »
Hi Ianb,

Good advice. I am a member on the Dutch equivalent of these idealists. But you have to be very careful to be well adviced. There  is a tremendous long list of malware vendours and marketeers, scan all on SpywareGuide.com, and some cannot be mentioned, because they sue the red socks out of you, when you mention their alledged actions. Some that say to clear out spyware, add their own on it, lure you to click-ons for it is big, big money, ye know. A good basic ad-/spyware solution is the Dutch collective program Hitman Pro, older windows versions, I personally would go for a combination of Ad-aware, A-squared anti-trojan, SpywareBlaster for protection at browser level, Spybot Search & Destroy, create an empty file in Program Files, name it HijackThis, get the latest version of HijackThis (alas, again a dutch programme), scan it with your virusscanner (always do), unzip it to the empty HJT folder, make a shortcut to you desktop, read the manual and run it, place the logs on the above mentioned forum, and ask the qualified helper to help you out. Easy peasy.
Thats all folks, bye for now,
New sysguard2010 blocks its own popup to pay ransom ...
HOW DO I BOOT-SCAN IN THE 30 SECONDS BEFORE sysguard2010 PREVENS EVERYTHING ???

Polonus

shornby

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2010, 08:53:22 PM »
I loaded AVAST to hunt and find a "problklem" that was sending "medical links on products" to all my Hotmail.com contacts...

Loading AVAST didn't find anything except a win32 file it told me to kill... now my outlook won;t load properly and the "bug" was not detected

Loading Malware found a C:/users/shornby/appdata/temp/pdfupd.exe file which i tole it to remove

still sending emails to all my contacts

Redid the hunt find remove and checked log of activitiy where Malware said I had NOT told it to delete the file even thougyh I had and it said it had so done... so I found the file and deleted it and the recycle bin all together...
Today I find the Trojan has again emailed all my contacts, used my daily email total allowance and i cannot find the file

Anyone got any suggestions??? I am computer illiterate so please comment in English woth easy suggestions... I am captive in my home recovering from a hip replacement else i would take the computer to a computer store/solutions sho[p[

Thanks

SafeSurf

« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2010, 11:03:01 AM »
Hello shornby and welcome to the forum.  :)

You first need to open up your own thread so that we can help you.  To do this please start a New Topic of your own as where you currently posted is not for giving advice or solving problems.

Go to this link, http://forum.avast.com/index.php, scroll down to the Worms and Virus forum and click it, click the New Topic button at the top of the list and post there. 

In addition, when making your first post, please type in information about your machine:

1.   What is your OS, 32 or 64-bit?
2.   What version of Avast did you install?  5.0.677? 
3.   What product of Avast did you install?  Free, Pro, AIS?
4.   What other security software do you currently have or did you have in the past on this machine including antivirus (AV), firewall (FW), and other security programs?  If they were in the past, how did you remove them (the vendor's uninstaller's tool or another way)?
5.    When was the last time you did any kind of scan in Avast, and if so what kind of scan was it?   Full, Boot-time, Quick?
6.     Is anything sitting in your Avast Virus Chest?  If so, can you give us a screen shot?  If not, please type in the exact wording of what is there.  Do not delete anything in the Virus Chest.

Please read check the information on the first post of this thread under Virus/Worms for you to check your machine for malware: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

Follow the directions of obtaining an MBAM log (make sure you update MBAM first) and the OTL logs.  Post the MBAM log here (copy and paste[/u]) and the two (2) OTL log as an attachment (Additional Options > Attach > Browse (the logs will be on your desktop > Post).  We can then analyze this in the meantime for any malware, and if any malware is found we will refer you to one of our malware experts.  Thank you.

Thank you.