Author Topic: Files That Run In 'Process Virtulization'  (Read 2924 times)

hyjaxltd

Files That Run In 'Process Virtulization'
« on: January 20, 2010, 10:15:23 PM »
Maybe this can become a list of all files that users have great success adding to the 'Process Virtulization' if thats okay, but right now Im more asking can I add say ie.exe, or anything else that can be set to permantly run virtualized?

Off-topic, what exactly is its purpose or is everything that can be said in the help files?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: Files That Run In 'Process Virtulization'
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 10:44:10 PM »
Apps always run in sandbox can be added in Expert Settings. If you use Pro version, please wait for program update (1-2 days), because settings is not fully functional in Pro (IS doesn't have that problem). You can also right-click on a desktop icon to do the same (Pro + IS).

coolsilver

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:30:29 AM »
Cool I was wondering with Pro the same thing!

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast √úberevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:27:42 AM »
Apps always run in sandbox can be added in Expert Settings. If you use Pro version, please wait for program update (1-2 days), because settings is not fully functional in Pro (IS doesn't have that problem). You can also right-click on a desktop icon to do the same (Pro + IS).

Peter, you son of a ...  ;D

I was trying and trying, and thought I was an idiot ( Well maybe I am ::) ) I didn't get it to work. Indeed right-click options are working :) I will wait for the update ;)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

hyjaxltd

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 04:51:39 AM »
Im fully aware of HOW to run virtualized but in the Avast GUI (see screenshot) settings you can set a process to ALWAYS run virtualized.  What process' would be okay/stable to put into that functionality?  Such as ie.exe or maybe word.exe...someone with experience and knowledge?  What problems can we be looking at with always running IE virtualized?