Author Topic: [SOLVED]Help! Avast 5 Crash my Login Windows  (Read 17357 times)

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
[SOLVED]Help! Avast 5 Crash my Login Windows
« on: January 20, 2010, 05:53:46 AM »
I just download avast 5 Pro from www.avast.com (ver. 5.0.377).

I upgraded the old avast 4.8 Pro. The installation asked me to restart. There is crash after restart, just after the boot screen before the login screen.

Windows become blank and a warning windows appears: "Logon process initialization failure: Interactive Logon Process Initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details."

After that screen I can't login no matter what to my windows. Click OK it just reappers again and again. I do not know where to find the even log.

The only thing I can do is forced shutdown (with power button), and go to safe mode then uninstalling avast 5.

Then I tried one more time to install it, but the same error happened again. So the cycle began.

Anyone can help me, otherwise I can't use version 5 at all.

Thanks.
Cahya.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:42:06 AM by Cahya »
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

coolsilver

Re: Help! Avast 5 Crash my Login Windows
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 06:00:18 AM »
Sounds like your system is corrupted.

Did you run a boot time scan after the install?

If you had any virus or malware and you removed it, probably messed with your WinLogon process.

Do you have any other security programs installed?

Once you go into safe mode or able to logon via normal boot, you may go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools (Performance and Maintenance then Administrative Tools at bottom for Category view) and you will find Event Viewer.

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:24:13 AM »
Hi Coolsilver,

No, I didn't ask fo boot-time scan after the install.

I don't think there is a malware since a scan my system daily.

Yes, there is a security system "Acer Bio Protection" that works first time at login screen which using our finger print to login instead password. But I do automatically so when my computer boot, I use finger print to authenticate from bios then automatically use to login to windows. I just removed it and try how it works.

Yes, I can boot and login normally after uninstalling avast 5 from safe mode. It just perfectly fine, so there must be conflict with avast. The event viewer showing warning ID 6000 (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc734033%28WS.10%29.aspx).

Thanks.
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:34:41 AM »
In my experience earlier.

It seems another protection software installed is messing avast 5 installation.

Ex. MBAM pro. Not very sure of this but when i uninstalled it then install avast 5 again.

It works with no problem.
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 07:34:03 AM »
Okay, here are my experience about this issue and how I can fixed it just a moment ago.

1. Uninstall "Acer Bio Protection" (means I can't use my finger print security feature anymore);

Found no more logon failure issue. I can login normally. But there is another issue, desktop doesn't not fully loaded, avast didn't starting at all, and system frezz in the middle of shutdown/restart.

2. Via safemode, uninstall avast 5 and use Avas uninstall utility after that (I though maybe there are some corrupted registry from previous avast 4.8).

3. Back to normal login, desktop fully loaded, and install avast 5 pro.

4. Avast didn't ask to restart the system. So I connect to the internet, put a trial mode on, update virus definition. Then restart after that.

Found login normally, system back with normal behaviour, no crash - no hangs.

But I wish I could use my finger print back :(

Thanks.
Cahya.

p.s: how can I get the key file with avast 5 pro, I have valid version 4.8 pro key for another more than 2,5 years. When I click "request conversion the v5 license" I came to website that asking me username and password - which I don't understand about it.

Offline chocholo

• Poster
  • BSC, GSC, MCP
    • Avast
Re: [SOLVED]Help! Avast 5 Crash my Login Windows
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
Sorry for the caused problem, configuration issue on our webservers is the culprit of asking for name/password. Please try it again, it should work now.

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 11:07:15 AM »
Thanks Chocholo its working now :)

Regards,
Cahya.

Leet Krew

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 07:52:59 AM »
yea I have that problem too.

Ohm Cahya, Is that your OS is Windows XP or Vista?

Offline RedFan

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:10:16 AM »
His OS is vista SP2, you can see that in his signature ;)
IntelĀ® i3 Quad-Core @4,3 GHZ. RAM: 16GB ddr4 || SSD 500 GB || Windows 11 Home x64 || Chromium user.

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »
His OS is vista SP2, you can see that in his signature ;)

Yes, it is Vista SP 2, and I would keep the avast 4.8 for a little longer there ;)

Cybergraphix

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 04:31:12 PM »
Please change the subject to [NOT SOLVED].

I have the same problem with my ACER Aspire 6930 with Acer Bio protection (warning windows appears: "Logon process initialization failure: Interactive Logon Process Initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details.").

Uninstalling a useful function that I paid money to have, does not mean to have solved a problem.

I'm a new user and I did not have previous versions of Avast, I trusted in Avast but now I can not use it.

Technical service of Avast is kindly asked to find a remedy to this issue in short time.

Many thanks

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »
@ cybergraphic,

Since I don't use much of Acer Bio Protection, then the removal doesn't very a concern matter for me. Just hope ALWIL would comes with solution :)

Mr.Agent

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 02:43:34 AM »
Please change the subject to [NOT SOLVED].

I have the same problem with my ACER Aspire 6930 with Acer Bio protection (warning windows appears: "Logon process initialization failure: Interactive Logon Process Initialization has failed. Please consult the event log for more details.").

Uninstalling a useful function that I paid money to have, does not mean to have solved a problem.

I'm a new user and I did not have previous versions of Avast, I trusted in Avast but now I can not use it.

Technical service of Avast is kindly asked to find a remedy to this issue in short time.

Many thanks

Create your own thread so ALWIL can help you or any of us in the forum. ;)

onaz

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 07:50:14 AM »
Okay, here are my experience about this issue and how I can fixed it just a moment ago.

1. Uninstall "Acer Bio Protection" (means I can't use my finger print security feature anymore);

Found no more logon failure issue. I can login normally. But there is another issue, desktop doesn't not fully loaded, avast didn't starting at all, and system frezz in the middle of shutdown/restart.

2. Via safemode, uninstall avast 5 and use Avas uninstall utility after that (I though maybe there are some corrupted registry from previous avast 4.8).

3. Back to normal login, desktop fully loaded, and install avast 5 pro.

4. Avast didn't ask to restart the system. So I connect to the internet, put a trial mode on, update virus definition. Then restart after that.

Found login normally, system back with normal behaviour, no crash - no hangs.

But I wish I could use my finger print back :(

Thanks.
Cahya.

p.s: how can I get the key file with avast 5 pro, I have valid version 4.8 pro key for another more than 2,5 years. When I click "request conversion the v5 license" I came to website that asking me username and password - which I don't understand about it.

I got the same problem installing avast 5.0 in my Acer laptop. I don't use Acer Bio but there is Acer eManager, maybe same conflict with this program. I just go back with 4.8 for this time, waiting for more stabbel version

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 01:21:55 PM »
Onaz,

First of all, welcome to avast support forum.
Secondly, you should create a new topic when the thread is stated as [SOLVED] or [CLOSED] :)

About:

I got the same problem installing avast 5.0 in my Acer laptop. I don't use Acer Bio but there is Acer eManager, maybe same conflict with this program. I just go back with 4.8 for this time, waiting for more stabbel version

I do not find any trouble using Acer eManager or empowering technology. Means avast 5.0 just works fine with Acer empowering technology :D

Have you uninstalled the Bio Protection? - And please state and define your problems in new thread so more people would helps.

Regards,

Cahya.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:23:34 PM by Cahya »