Author Topic: [SOLVED]Help! Avast 5 Crash my Login Windows  (Read 17400 times)

Offline Cahya Legawa

• Oh, here we are again.
    • Website
Re: [SOLVED]Help! Avast 5 Crash my Login Windows
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 10:33:52 PM »
I found this conflict resolved after I download the lasts driver for fingerprint device. Its no longer conflict with avast. You may download the lastest Acer Bio Protection driver from acer website and install it freshly.

I wrote about this solution here: http://catatan.legawa.com/2010/03/fixed-crash-windows-login-with-avast-5-on-acer-machine/

I hope it may come as help.

Regards,
Cahya.
Avast Security Premium - Windows 10, Android, iPadOS. | Avast One Free - Windows 11

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 05:32:58 AM »
Hi Cahya,

Did i missed something in here?

Nice article to share...  ;) ;)

Just waiting till avast! 5.0 with Indonesia language.

cheers,
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

P3iSystems

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 09:29:41 PM »
This also occurred for one of our clients who was moving to AIS. He had an Acer notebook and once the machine rebooted after installing AIS he received the error message stated earlier 'Login process initialization failed'. I booted the machine into safemode, ran aswclear5 (avast removal tool), booted into normal mode, uninstalled acer bio protection software (fingerprint scanner), rebooted into normal mode and installed ais again. Everything worked just fine afterwards. He was not currently using the fingerprint scanner so I'm not sure if the situation would have been the same if he did. For user's that are experiencing this error, I would also advise turning off the pre-boot protection of the fingerprint scanner in the BIOS. Thank you for the suggestions to all provided in this topic.