Author Topic: Bluescreen of Death  (Read 53982 times)

tobykim

Re: Bluescreen of Death
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 09:14:35 PM »
I'm not convinced about cyberlink, I have installed v5 on my laptop (not main PC) and it's working although control panel security center is reporting it as switched off, I got a false postive on the file 000fcl although my laptop didn't crash turns out it was Acer arcade deluxe also by cyberlink, the laptop didn't crash though so I'm wondering if it is indeed cyberlink on my other pc that's stopping v5 running,might try again later

ath

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 10:08:17 PM »
I uploaded the file but i'm not sure that everything went ok. Filename is ath0120_Full.zip 707MB.

tobykim

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2010, 11:13:28 PM »
Unistalled cyberlink and all working problem solved hooray!

bobo1

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2010, 11:20:31 PM »
Whats the point of installing Cyberlink DVD PLAYER Avast 5 is Buggy! I am STAYING PUT WITH AVAST 4.8!

bobo1

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2010, 11:24:09 PM »
Whats the point of un installing Cyberlink DVD PLAYER Avast 5 is Buggy! I am STAYING PUT WITH AVAST 4.8!

PhilR

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2010, 11:55:36 PM »
Uninstalling cyberlink is just a workaround until the real problem is fixed (which doesn't just involve cyberlink).

tobykim

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2010, 11:59:16 PM »
I didn't really need it anyway so it was no great loss

MaxLudak

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »
Same problem here with BSOD.

Anyway I have avast! Family Pack and on 1 PC WinXP Pro SP3 I have CL PowerDVD v8.some. I done Upgrade from v4.8 to 5 Pro AV and after upgrade it asked for restart. Done. After restart everything gone OK till avast service startup (aka Win gone in GUI, explorer started) but then BSOD saying exactly Page_FAULT bla bla bla but 000.FCL.
So cos I read this thread before I done for 1st following:

- renamed 000.fcl and 001.fcl adding xxx at extension from Safe Mode, but that didnt help
- then i tried renamig PowerDVD folder to xxxPowerDVD and that help like charm, now 5 worx OK so far.
- 3rd option would be to uninstall PowerDVD completely but i didn't want that, hoping avast team will solve this problem in near future, then I just need to rename PowerDVD folder agin to normal state.

I hope this can help to some of you.

Also checked about FCL, it seems it is some CyberLink filter service of some and it is used with PowerDVD product from v7 seems to be. Related files  FCL_DLL.dll  000.FCL and 001.FCL
I googled a bit further and seems ppl had similar BSOD with some other aplications not related to avast.

BRANDONN2008

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 01:06:06 AM »
I got a BSOD yesterday during a scan. I don't have CyberLink or any DVD software. I emailed the mini-dump to vlk, not sure if he got it. Also, how do you upload to the ftp server?

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2010, 01:09:00 AM »
I got a BSOD yesterday during a scan. I don't have CyberLink or any DVD software. I emailed the mini-dump to vlk, not sure if he got it. Also, how do you upload to the ftp server?
I'm sure he got it, otherwise ftp address is: ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

spg SCOTT

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 01:15:59 AM »
Hi pk,

The forum software seems to be messing with the ftp links, adding http to them. So your link wont work.
Now you have to wrap it in ftp tags like this:

[ftp]ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming[/ftp]

So it will work:
ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

-Scott-

Aaron1269

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 02:19:00 AM »
I am getting BSOD after installing avast 5 Free Edition. Computer was running fine be I installed avast.

dahu33

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 02:45:15 AM »
Hi,

I confirmed that the blue screen I got yesterday was coming from Power DVD 7... I uninstalled it and installed again avast => no blue screen anymore !

I send for your information the file "Power DVD (dahu) 000.fcl" and "Power DVD (dahu) 001.fcl" on your FTP.

Thanks for you work!

tobykim

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 03:20:54 AM »
Thought I had it sussed but have now given up altogether as keyboard wouldn't work despite updating drivers, gone back to 4.8 but will look for something else not going through this again

brt

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2010, 03:21:23 AM »
okay, thoroughly uninstalled powerdvd , restarted, then later on got BSOD... gave up on Avast 5 for now, where can I find a link for 4.8?

Thanks