Author Topic: How to configure avast to work with The Bat 2  (Read 4200 times)

Goomish

How to configure avast to work with The Bat 2
« on: June 19, 2004, 11:44:19 PM »
Hi!
Can enyone tell me (or maybe some links where I can read about how to configure Avast4 to check POP3/SMTM account in The Bat! ?
When I run a Mail Protection Wizard it shows no accounts.
I've read help topics, but, when I set POP3/SMTP servers to 127.0.0.1 and username to: myloginname#serwername.domain , TB! refuses to connect to the server. Then I've reverted TB! settings to defaults (and noticed, that there is an avast antivirus plugin installed and working properly  :) ) - everything was OK - mail can be send and received. But I cant't see any signs that Avast is doing his job -  nothing in message body (options checked), no Detailed info from scanner (option checked) and finally Internet Mail Provider shows Scannded: 0  :(
So, what am I doing wrong??

Greetings, Goomish

Goomish

Re:How to configure avast to work with The Bat 2
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 09:49:49 PM »
OK, problem solved - team Avast + TB! works fine  :)
BTW: Any answer on my FIRST! post on this forum would be very appreciated (even though RTFM!)  ;D  ;D I know it's weekend, but...

Greetings, Goomish

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 11:25:58 PM »
Hi Goomish,

Welcome to the forums, you have learnt your first valuable lesson, as you say RTFM.

Here is another good place to start User's FAQ

David
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 03:42:38 PM »
Well, did you install the plugin for The Bat?
I think more than the Mail Protection Wizard, you must just have the plugin enabled and active...
See Control Panel > Add/remove > avast antivirus ... Add/Change components
The best things in life are free.

trigger

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 04:25:36 PM »
You can configure the plugin within the bat to create a log file. There it will show what is does.

Peter

Goomish

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 07:43:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies, everything works fine now through TB! plugin - checked with eicar test virus  :).
I was just confused that the counters in Internet Mail Resident Scanner still show 0 scanned and 0 infected altought test viruses was properly recogized and infected mail was deleted.

Goomish

P.S. "Last minute" question ;D : iNews latest news is from 27.04.2004 (avast! 4.1.418 installed 19.06.2004) - is that OK?