Author Topic: Can't see "Scan Now" menus  (Read 3416 times)

Hodag

Can't see "Scan Now" menus
« on: January 19, 2010, 10:12:51 PM »
I just upgraded to 5.0 Free version from 4.8.  Everything seems to be working fine, but the "Scan Now" menu.  When I go there, I see icons down the left but no text in the horizontal boxes.  I don't know if I am supposed to be able to click on those boxes or not, but if so then something is broken.

I can see the "Create Custom Scan" button and pressing that opens a menu that I can configure, but nowhere is there a button or other tool to actually start the scan!  Also, when I created a custom scan configuration I don't see that listed anywhere. 

This is rather strange since I can see all the other menus, adjust settings and so on.  I am running XP Pro with SP3 so this should be a very common configuration.  Here is an image so the techs know what I am talking about:

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Can't see "Scan Now" menus
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:35:40 AM »
That happened to me.
The avast service must be running.
Boot and try again ;)
The best things in life are free.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Can't see "Scan Now" menus
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 08:05:28 PM »
Definitely try a reboot (or even two) -- I upgraded yesterday (free version), and it took a couple of reboots before the descriptions and "start" buttons showed up for the predefined scans.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent