Author Topic: Questions about version 4.5 of AVAST???  (Read 47752 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Questions about version 4.5 of AVAST???
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2004, 04:41:46 AM »
Sasha, please, choose the third default skin by your choice, the one you like most...  8)
For me, Black Liquid  ;)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2004, 04:51:52 AM »
If they ask me, it would be Rejzor-Sharp and Bionic. Maybe they could put 4 skins inside default bundle for avast! 4.5

avast! v4.5 - with 4 default skins, hehe  ;D

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2004, 05:40:52 AM »
SZC,

Are you from Mars? ;D the Little Avast green men! ;D

I might have to call you 'little skins green men!'
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2004, 07:48:47 AM »
The problem with puting of more than 1 skin to the installation package is that it would increase its size which is something not really desirable....
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2004, 11:59:47 AM »
Yeah, you're right Vlk... especially with those installation skin files with phisical sizes above 600 kb... you're completely right.

I don't know... then, BIONIC is much smaller in phisical size (1.3 Mb), comparing to Rejzor-Sharp (2.1 Mb).

Do you think Vlk, that integrating BIONIC into standard bundle, would be a good idea ? If you think so, then we can go with BIONIC maybe... however, it's my favorite anyway. I remember, you said once it's your favorite too...

Search for your reply number 9 in this thread:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=5443;start=msg40045#msg40045

SpeedyPC wrote:
SZC,
Are you from Mars? ;D the Little Avast green men!  ;D
I might have to call you 'little skins green men!'

SpeedyPC - if you start to call me like that, I may have to ask CoJo to call you Mr.Handsome  ;D  ;D  ;D

Thanks !

SZC
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 10:58:15 PM by .: SZC :. »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2004, 12:26:06 PM »
Well when i last checked the size of RejZoR-Sharp it was 322KB in compressed state (like in installer). Bionic is twice the size of RejZoR-Sharp.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 12:27:00 PM by RejZoR »
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2004, 12:34:08 PM »

SpeedyPC - if you start to call me like that, I may have to ask CoJo to call you Mr.Handsome  ;D  ;D  ;D

Hey Little Skins Green men!

Your to late to call me Mr Handsome, why? I am un-handsome and very scary.

Okay................Little...............Skins...............Green................men

Planning any more avast skins?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 12:36:21 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2004, 12:37:43 PM »
Well when i last checked the size of RejZoR-Sharp it was 322KB in compressed state (like in installer). Bionic is twice the size of RejZoR-Sharp.

I'm talking about extracted file size and taking up user's HD space after first avast! installation... I don't know... Rejzor-Sharp is kinda OK, but too plain for my taste... Vlk said, they don't wanna make avast! look dull... BIONIC is explosion of graphics...  ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 12:38:10 PM by .: SZC :. »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2004, 12:50:30 PM »
Aaaah disk space isn't the issue for a long time. There is still lots of dialup users(here is the real size issue),but all of them have at least 10GB drive trust me. 30MB is nothing on 10Gig disk,but majority of users have 40GB+ drives. This is certainly not a problem i'm sure. And most of users seek for pro looking skins remember... ;D

If you take a bit more time its possible to make almost everything with ActiveSkin. Remember how i made Sensitivity dropdown for Resident Scanner on MacLover2000 skin? (yeah still not done heh) You can make even more complex things.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 12:53:03 PM by RejZoR »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2004, 01:04:29 PM »
RejZor wrote:
And most of users seek for pro looking skins remember...

Well, I guess all they have to do is go to avast! skins download section and download additional skins. Then, they can have "Pro-looking" skin...  ;)
Really, Bionic is my best skin ever, and I really would like to see it in standard bundle. Just take a look at those nice "unreal" buttons, and that effect never seen before in any avast! skin... Vlk ?

If you take a bit more time its possible to make almost everything with ActiveSkin. Remember how i made Sensitivity dropdown for Resident Scanner on MacLover2000 skin? (yeah still not done heh) You can make even more complex things.

Yeah, I used that effect back in "Flat'n'Simple"... remember ?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 01:07:56 PM by .: SZC :. »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2004, 01:36:22 PM »
Sorry,haven't used Flat'n'Simple. Just tried it for a very short time,so i don't remember too well.

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2004, 05:36:05 PM »
maybe offer one addition install package where will be all qualite skins included  ?

and for default package keep 1 skin (that neat 4.5 one :) ...
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2004, 06:43:27 PM »
That wouldn't be quite clever thing to do... avast! is well known as skinable antivirus tool. If they deliver avast! without at least 3 skins in standard bundle, it will confuse everyone. Anyway, it's not like we are talking about hundreds of MB, install versions of skins are 100-700 kb large in phisical size.

Cheers !

Ylap

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2004, 06:55:58 PM »
All you are talking about 4.5 version of avast! I want to ask if all these great new features mentioned will be included in home edition or not?

softwareguy

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2004, 08:24:23 AM »
A little off-topic here, but I wanna ask if the "Unpack temp files in memory" feature will be implemented in Avast 4.5?
By "Unpack temp files in memory" feature, I mean the files in archives such as RARs or ZIPs which cannot be directly scanned by avast!.
Also this feature would keep fragmentation and disk-writes to a minimum since unpacked files from archives are not extracted to the temp folder. Would prefer a user-selectable RAM size for avast! to reserve for the archive unpacking.
Even though I doubt that this feature is going to come in version 4.5, will this feature be considered into the "to-dos"?

Archive unpacks are driving my GoBack crazy...  >:(