Author Topic: Avast IS 5 - What happened to my block rule??  (Read 3103 times)

dallas7

Avast IS 5 - What happened to my block rule??
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:43:42 AM »
Thank you for making AIS5 available as a trail.  I'm running v5.0.377/100119-0.  As a former Pro4 user, first impression:  nice!

I created a firewall rule to block in/out an app. The rule initially appeared correctly in the Applications Rules pane and it tested OK by blocking and logging.

I noticed that the rule is now... gone.  ???  While it's still blocking and logging OK, I no longer see it in the Applications Rule pane.

Where did it go?  How do I get to it to delete/mod/whatever??

Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:48:31 AM by dallas7 »

coolsilver

Re: Avast IS 5 - What happened to my block rule??
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 04:59:52 AM »
Check all the groups in the application rules. It may have been placed under other.

dallas7

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:54:27 AM »
It's not anywhere.  Groups or otherwise.

dallas7

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:09:50 PM »
Bump.

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 06:24:34 PM »
I guess you found a bug... can't help there sorry, only the devs can do/fix something...I noticed already that some answers to alerts were not remembered, when they're exceptions to a global rule for an app.

dallas7

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »
Thanks.  I bumped this up just for grins.  While the AV side is stellar, the firewall is elementary at best in its granularity and from what I gather depends on the resident Windows firewall.  I have already uninstalled my trial.

Not sure if it's a bug so much as an oversight.  In that Applications Rules pane, the only two columns are Application and Allowed connections.  So, I have a rule that doesn't allow any connections....

Think about it.

Hermite15

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 07:14:02 PM »
I know this firewall isn't a finish product like the AV is. Expecting program updates  ;D