Author Topic: Skin fluke  (Read 5257 times)

Tipton

Skin fluke
« on: June 22, 2004, 03:25:35 AM »
I just noticed today that there was a notch out of the top of some of my skins. Its the skins that have a straight top. Take a look at my screenshot. Look at the notch in the top of the skin. Has anyone else noticed this? Back before we started going through the few program updates that we had, my skins were fine.

Douglas

Tipton

Re:Skin fluke
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 03:30:22 AM »
Heres a shot of the same skin takin back on the 13th of this month. No notch!

Douglas

Negeltu

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 04:27:20 AM »
I have WinXP SP1 using avast! ver. 4.1.418 and tried the pirate skin...
I do not find the same problem you do.  Looks good on my system.

Tipton

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 05:37:19 AM »
Well I fixed the problem, just not sure what caused it originally. I used True Image, and restored my system back to Avast build 4.1.396. Then I checked, and the skins were fine. I then updated to the current build, and everything is till fine. I think it had something to do with the build between 4.1.396, and 4.1.418. That was the funky one that people had issues with.

Douglas

Tipton

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 06:05:09 AM »
By the way Sasha, your new skin looks great with my desktop theme! And no notch!

Douglas

Tipton

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 07:20:19 AM »
Duh, I figured out the problem, this notch thing occurs when you put a checkmark in "Use translucent effects" (SEE SCREENY). Taking the checkmark back out causes the problem to go away. My images I restored from did not have that checked. I checked it later.

Douglas

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 05:22:22 PM »
No matter I put checkmark on translucent effects or I remove it, everything working fine. It looks like you're still having same problems with translucent feature. Anyway, I don't use TGA's with alpha chanel in my skins anymore... I don't know why your computer gives you so strange effects when you turn translucent effect on. No one else has reported similar problem yet...

Btw, I changed "BLACK LIQUID" skin appereance... sliding windows are removable now... I hope you'll like it Tipton... Let me know !

See here: url=http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=5408

Cheers !
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 05:24:00 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Tipton

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 05:49:09 PM »
No matter I put checkmark on translucent effects or I remove it, everything working fine. It looks like you're still having same problems with translucent feature. Anyway, I don't use TGA's with alpha chanel in my skins anymore... I don't know why your computer gives you so strange effects when you turn translucent effect on. No one else has reported similar problem yet...

Btw, I changed "BLACK LIQUID" skin appereance... sliding windows are removable now... I hope you'll like it Tipton... Let me know !

See here: url=http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=5408

Cheers !

Well, I can re-produce this "notch" in the skins with translucent effects turned on with all three of my PC's. Each is running different hardware, including different graphics cards. It doesn't happen with the basic skins that come with the original Avast download. Matter of fact, it was only happening with skins that had a straight top.

Oh, and thanks for the update on Black Liquid!  I love the skin.

Douglas

Kobra

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 06:08:49 PM »
Dang, I thought you said "Skin Flute"... AHhahaha

Tipton

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 06:17:33 PM »
Ok, I found the culprit to this notch in the skins. I narrowed it down to the theme I was using on my PC's. If I switch back to the standard XP theme, I can put the checkmark back in the translucent effects, and the skins display just fine. I am using the XtremeXP theme.

Also, I can use all my themes from LightStar, and the Avast skins display just fine. As soon as I load the XtremeXP theme, the notch returns when translucent effects is turned on. No big deal though......turning them off fixes the problem with that paticular theme.

Douglas
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 06:23:49 PM by Tipton »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 11:16:35 PM »
Yeah, it looks like you found source of your problems. that means just one thing. Skin theme for Win XP XtremeXP has a little bug in it... it "reads" all windows just like windows in that theme looks like (without little thin part on the top)