Author Topic: Scanning of CD drives  (Read 12812 times)

Walker

Re: Scanning of CD drives
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 04:53:29 AM »
Lets take it to the mods to decide, they have the server logs after all

By all means, but what troubles you so much.

As you know I cannot (or rather did not quote anything you did not say. It is just the time lag between my picking up your message and you editing.

If you prefer I will delet my entries.

inthewildteam

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 04:55:57 AM »

As you know I cannot (or rather did not quote anything you did not say. It is just the time lag between my picking up your message and you editing.

Not at all, don't delete anything, report to the mods I'll go by their decision

Walker

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 04:59:21 AM »

Not at all, don't delete anything, report to the mods I'll go by their decision

Hey hold on YOU wanted the mods not me  ???.

inthewildteam

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 05:07:22 AM »
You have me replyimg 03.31.19 "then it will have a file system and be readable"  in your quote My reply was at 03:27:19  "blank cd's are just that"

Walker

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 05:14:17 AM »
You have me replyimg 03.31.19 "then it will have a file system and be readable"  in your quote My reply was at 03:27:19  "blank cd's are just that"

Tell me something... did you original post (timed at 2.27.19) not say EXACTLY what was quoted??? You edited at 2.30.36 so the quote is accurate.

If you object to the time lag (43 seconds I think) then take it up with the admin or smf.

I can't be responsible for you editing your post whilst I am already answering it... can I???

As I said I'm happy, more than happy, to delete whatever you want to make you happy.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 07:04:57 AM by Walker »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2005, 07:27:53 AM »
A blank cd is not like a 'blank' floppy. A floppy normally is already formatted and has a mbr. A blank cd has nothing on it. So you can 'scan' a blank floppy but not a blank cd.

You can also 'scan' a formatted (but empty) cdr, dvdr, memstick etc. It wil just say that there are no files to scan.

But you can't scan a blank cd or dvd. Anything that hasn't already have a 'format' can't be scanned.

Walker

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2005, 07:35:34 AM »
But you can't scan a blank cd or dvd. Anything that hasn't already have a 'format' can't be scanned.

Eddy,

Of course. I 'think' Harlemnocturn (read his post) was referring to something else ie malicious/accidental interaction by humans. But he'd have to clarify his meaning.