Author Topic: I own a site signed as malicious, I repared it, but Avast....  (Read 3586 times)

maxpcc

I own a site signed as malicious, I repared it, but Avast....
« on: January 22, 2010, 11:11:14 AM »
As in subject: my site was under attack several weeks ago. I deleted all viruses and removed the application the permitted the access (I think it was "Album", a php photo album manager) to hackers. At today, even if mcafee and norton are saying that my site is OK, avast can't give access.

I'm using Avast 4.8, Firefox 3.5

My site under request, if necessary.

TY,
Max

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: I own a site signed as malicious, I repared it, but Avast....
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »
Hello,
when avast! shows the alert window, you can find the scanned file in %windir%\temp\_avast4_\
there should be 2 files: some lock file and the second file unp*.* -- check this second this file. If you thing that it is false positive send it to virus@avast.com with "False positive" in subject.

Milos

maxpcc

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 11:52:17 AM »
I can't find nothing in that dir.

I think that my site is blocked because it's in a black list. How can I say to Avast that this site now is clean and safe?

TY

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 05:44:01 PM »
What is the URL ?
Please 'modify' it change the URL from http to hXXp or www to wXw, to break the link and avoid accidental exposure to suspect sites, thanks.

So it isn't the Web Shield actually alerting (that is what creates the unp*.tmp files) that gives an alert and Abort Connection as the only option ?

Then it would be the Network Shield and its malicious sites list (see images).
You could still send the email (no attachment required) with "False positive - Network Shield" in subject and the URL in the body of the email and the info you posted here or URL to the topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

maxpcc

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:08:36 PM »
wXw.piccioli.com

Just sent email, thank you

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:51:38 PM »
You're welcome, hopefully it will be resolved soon (that is however, beyond my power as an avast user).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security