Author Topic: DVD Video Soft---Are there problems?  (Read 2532 times)

PamJ

DVD Video Soft---Are there problems?
« on: February 07, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »
I did a search on here for DVD Video Soft Free Studio and found the loooong thread from 12/09. It appeared that some folks were having major problems between avast! and DVD Video Soft Free Studio (and some other programs) relating to false positives.  Found a similar problem discussed on the Video Soft forums saying avast! said it was a trojan (which is why I came and searched for it here).

I had downloaded it earlier today upon recommendation from a friend and it works great.I became concerned after finding these apparent problems and did a standard scan with avast!. Nothing was found.  (I only did the standard scan because I was in a hurry to see if anything was there!  LOL) What exactly happened...is this Video Soft program safe...do I have need to be concerned?   I'm still using 4.8, was the issue with 5?

Thanks all!

Pam

EDIT:  After subsequent reading, I see what happened and that it was fixed.  Just wanted to make sure the problem was not Video Soft. (It does exactly what I need.)  I just downloaded VS Saturday and haven't had an issue.  BTW, love avast! It's much better than what I was paying for before.  Haven't had a FP with avast! yet!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:53:27 PM by PamJ »