Author Topic: Avast 5 - Bluescreen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL  (Read 10303 times)

DizoAZ

Avast 5 - Bluescreen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
« on: January 24, 2010, 04:41:55 AM »
Anyone else getting a bluescreen at bootup after installing Avast 5?  I've been running on 4.8 fine then installed Avast 5.  Shortly after I started receiving a bluescreen during bootup indicating "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL".

I know the first thing people are going to say,, "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is typically a driver or hardware issue in the system".

Well funny thing, I formatted my system 4 times now, each time bluescreens would start right after installing Avast 5.

I'm on the 5th format now, installed everything EXCEPT Avast, no longer receiving bluescreens and the infamous "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error.

I'm just trying to see if I'm the only one having this issue or if others have noticed this after installing Avast 5.

Thanks.

jhwilen

Re: Avast 5 - Bluescreen - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:21:11 AM »
Hello,

I had something similar in addition to avast 5.0 crashing.  I also had some other issues.  I am running Windows 7.  4.8 worked fine, but 5.0 has given me issues, the new version has been a headache.  Avast is a great product.  I am not using them anymore.  Avast just has some bugs to work out with the new version.  I have no answers for your issues.  Tech support did not either...

DizoAZ

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 07:48:43 AM »
Thanks for replying, I'm also running Windows 7.  I was running the 32 bit version, I've now loaded the 64 bit.  I'm working up the nerve to install Avast 5 again, but I'm thinking of going back to 4.8 as well.

Thanks again, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy.

techsquad

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:00:58 PM »
Yea, me too. Windows 7 32 Bit, 2 GB RAM 3 Blue Screen in 3 Days since Avast 5, going back to 4.8

Cheers

slider03

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »
I would venture to guess that it's due to the behavior shield, but no official word as of yet.

I've read that other folks with BSOD's turned off the behavior shield and no more problems.

Like I said though. No official word.

news

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 07:31:44 PM »
DizoAZ..

I wouldn't continue to format my hard drive..not a good thing. You may just need to wait a bit as others on the forum are having similar issues to see what happens. If possible, maybe send a minidump to vlk, or someone at avast and have them take a look. Allow 4.8 to run on your system since you've had no problems with it in the past to allow your system to become stable once again.

Pacifica

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 08:06:42 PM »
Settings>Troubleshooting and check "Load avast! services only after loading other system services.

It worked for me. There must be a conflict when the computer starts up.

krgoodwin

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 04:24:39 AM »
See my response under the BSD thread.  avast sent me a new aswSP driver which seemed to fix numerous BSDs in two different computers.  krgoodwin

DizoAZ

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 05:55:04 PM »
I resolved my issue.

It was not Avast 5.0, it just so happened that I downloaded a Windows update for my Realtek Network Card drivers that were released 1/10/2010, the same time I installed Avast 5.0.  I found the issue by searching other forums.  EVGA has a thread on their website with people that were having the same issue.

I reverted back to a May 2009 driver for my Realtek Network Card and it works fine now.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 06:29:31 PM »
Thanks for letting us know.