Author Topic: Question about skins  (Read 5431 times)

Goomish

Question about skins
« on: June 22, 2004, 07:53:54 PM »
Hi again!  :)
Is it possible to customise fonts used in Avast! skins - generally, or at last in particular skin Black-Liquid by SZCraftec? As you can see in attached image some polish language specific letters are displayed incorectly. I think that choosing so called CE font family should fix that.

TIA,
Goomish
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 07:55:15 PM by Goomish »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Question about skins
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 08:01:23 PM »
The problem should be fixed in avast! 4.5 (at least for SZCraftec's skins).

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 08:02:50 PM »
Hi Goomish and first of all welcome to these forums !!!

Unfortunately there is no way to change fonts manualy, that's something that Alwil team should work on...

As you know, fonts are chosen automaticaly by the language version, so I can not help you with this one pal...

We should ask Vlk, Pavel or Igor...

Regards !

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 08:03:53 PM »
By the way, check again in next few days in avast skins download section, there will be brand new improved version of Black Liquid skin...

Cheers !

Tipton

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 08:06:27 PM »
By the way, check again in next few days in avast skins download section, there will be brand new improved version of Black Liquid skin...

Cheers !

I asked this in another thread but it may be getting overlooked. I have your first version of Black Liquid installed right now. When the new one is ready to install, do I just install it, and it removes the old version?

Thanks

Douglas

Stephan123

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 08:07:48 PM »
this is something in the translation

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 08:09:55 PM »
As you know, fonts are chosen automaticaly by the language version

Actually not - and that's the problem. Right now, only for very different languages (e.g. Japanese) the font is substituted when the program is started. Here (in Polish version) the problem is not with the font, but rather its charset. I have already implemented a "clever" fix of the charset (for avast! 4.5), but it will probably work only for skins using a "common" font (such as your skins are :)). The standard avast! skins use a bitmapped fonts (embedded inside), and it's not possible to change its charset (even though it's Eastern Europe by default, so the problems appear rather in western languages, not in Polish). It's possible to change the font even here - to a completely different one, but the text usually doesn't fit inside, because the original font is rather thin.

Goomish

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 08:31:37 PM »
WOW! That was really quick!   I've hardly managed to refresh this page and voila! 5 replies ;D
Just for the records: skins bundled with Avast! setup displays PL-chars correctly

Goomish

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 11:10:47 PM »
I asked this in another thread but it may be getting overlooked. I have your first version of Black Liquid installed right now. When the new one is ready to install, do I just install it, and it removes the old version?

Thanks

Douglas

Don't worry my friend... everything will be OK. You just have to visit download section in next few days (it depends how fast Vlk will upload it), click on that skin and it will overwrite your existing one in your local avast skins directory...

Cheers !

Tipton

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 03:33:51 AM »

Thanks

Douglas

Don't worry my friend... everything will be OK. You just have to visit download section in next few days (it depends how fast Vlk will upload it), click on that skin and it will overwrite your existing one in your local avast skins directory...

Cheers !

Cool, thanks. Can't wait to get the updated version on my system!

Douglas

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 03:37:55 AM »
Actually it's up there.. just go and download it right now if you want...

Cheers !

Tipton

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 04:38:16 AM »
Actually it's up there.. just go and download it right now if you want...

Cheers !

Cool, got it installed. It is now perfect.......could not be any better!

Douglas